• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Gone Girl was not what I was expecting. Entertaining, but not one of Fincher's best... probably because he was kind of hamstrung by the source material.

I just saw The Room last night. Anyone else seen it or aware of its cult following?

I can't say I loved it but it was definitely entertaining. Just impressively so, so bad.

Saw Obvious child last night with the wife and we both loved it. Had us rolling even though it has some tough subject matter

Saw most of Fruitvale Station today. I hate white people. I like Smash though.

Gone Girl was not what I was expecting. Entertaining, but not one of Fincher's best... probably because he was kind of hamstrung by the source material.

I thought it was pretty easily the best thing I've seen this year so far.

Exhausting movie to watch, though.

Saw Gone Girl yesterday. Need to see it again to properly rate it. Fincher's direction has never been as sinister. The score from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross is one of the most devilish sounds to ever find its way into a wide release movie. The material is pulpy trash, empty and nihilistic, not lending much more to the movie than surface value, but damn if Fincher doesn't turn the thing into a waking nightmare. That shrill score that plays throughout the second half of the movie will stick with me for a while. Looking forward to seeing it again soon.

just watched The Neighbors.

...it was terrible.

Ditto on Gone Girl. It probably shouldn't have been as good as it was, given how ludicrous the actual storyline was. But as far as being emotionally resonant, let's just say I felt pretty shitty leaving the theater. Feel-good movie of the year so far.

Gone Girl was really good, scoring was great, Affleck was perfectly cast, Neil Patrick Harris was creepy as fuck. It made me wish I hadn't read the book.

I didn't enjoy Gone Girl. The first third of the movie was boring. I appreciate the creative narrative construct and there were some good scenes in the second half but the story was too wild and ludicrous for me to fully appreciate it. Good call on the score though, it really enhanced the second half of the movie.

Last edited:
Gone Girl was really good, scoring was great, Affleck was perfectly cast, Neil Patrick Harris was creepy as fuck. It made me wish I hadn't read the book.

Saw it with the wife yesterday, I enjoyed it. Admittedly I'm not too deep when it comes to movies, I like the blood and guts action movies myself, but it definitely kept my interest and had a lot of twists.

Saw the preview for "American Sniper," looking forward to seeing that.

Watched "Blended" the other day, or tried to at least. Turned it off. Even worse than expected.

I watched Cocaine Cowboys: Reloaded yesterday on Showtime. Very interesting documentary with great footage.

I see it's on YouTube in its entirety...

Watched Obvious Child last night, it was good - much better than most romcoms, even the ones that aren't about abortion.

Last edited:
Saw Fruitvale Station this week. I remember the story but don't think I realized the cop was out in 11 months. That's just egregious.

Back