• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Caught the original karate kid on amc, watched over about a 2 days on dvr. excellent. Cruel summer song/scene really takes it from good to great IMO.

Caught the original karate kid on amc, watched over about a 2 days on dvr. excellent. Cruel summer song/scene really takes it from good to great IMO.

"YOU'RE THE BEST......A-ROUND! NOTHIN'S GONNA EVER KEEP YOU DOWN."

Will watch the early tournament montage every time I run across it on TV.

Just saw Invasion of The Body Snatchers (1978) for the first time since I was a kid and I remember why it scared the shit out of me. Late 60's to mid 80's was a golden age of horror. Having said that, I think Giallo films are terribly overrated.

Just saw Invasion of The Body Snatchers (1978) for the first time since I was a kid and I remember why it scared the shit out of me. Late 60's to mid 80's was a golden age of horror. Having said that, I think Giallo films are terribly overrated.

ucofh.jpg

Finally saw Spectre. Good, but not great. Excellent opening sequence, particularly with the long shot to open the film. Some good opening credits too, even though the song is way too pussified to be a Bond tune. Hire a girl instead of a guy to sing like a girl for fuck's sake.

I enjoyed all the nods to the old Bond films and the general ridiculousness of a lot of it. I still have problems with Craig, though, who is as humorless as ever. Mendes did have some success using Craig as the straight man, but Craig's Bond needs to loosen up a bit. I suppose at this point, though, it would be out of character for his particular Bond to do so.

I give it a B, maybe a B+.

That dog with the human face freaked the fuck out of me. So disturbing. I'm also not a big fan of Giallos but I love 80s slashers- American slashers. That's my favorite genre of films, even if they don't tend to be great movies. Even the bad ones are entertaining.

Finally saw Spectre. Good, but not great. Excellent opening sequence, particularly with the long shot to open the film. Some good opening credits too, even though the song is way too pussified to be a Bond tune. Hire a girl instead of a guy to sing like a girl for fuck's sake.

I enjoyed all the nods to the old Bond films and the general ridiculousness of a lot of it. I still have problems with Craig, though, who is as humorless as ever. Mendes did have some success using Craig as the straight man, but Craig's Bond needs to loosen up a bit. I suppose at this point, though, it would be out of character for his particular Bond to do so.

I give it a B, maybe a B+.

That might be the worst Bond theme song ever.

Is spectre any good? Trying to decide if I want to go tomorrow.

I finally watched Edge of Tomorrow and was thoroughly pleased. The gap in the futuristic-sci-fi-war-against-huge-bugs genre left by Starship Troopers has been filled. That had some money action scenes.

I finally watched Edge of Tomorrow and was thoroughly pleased. The gap in the futuristic-sci-fi-war-against-huge-bugs genre left by Starship Troopers has been filled. That had some money action scenes.

It really was excellent. They did a bad job of promoting it. Think it lost a lot of money.

Back