• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution is a really good documentary. Definitely worth seeing if it comes through your area.

A little late, but I just saw the movie Spring and I loved it, thought it was incredible. It's a Linklater sunset love story, and also a fantasy horror.

Watched a couple movies on the way to Australia:

Maze Runner 2 - surprisingly ok, considering how bad the first one sucked
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - entertaining and pretty good, what I expected
Inside Out - loved it
Fant4stic - so amazingly bad, an abortion of a movie, I fell asleep for 15 minutes at one point and I don't think I missed anything important
Captain America Winter Solider - maybe the 10th time I've seen it, still love it

Watched a couple movies on the way to Australia:

Maze Runner 2 - surprisingly ok, considering how bad the first one sucked
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - entertaining and pretty good, what I expected
Inside Out - loved it
Fant4stic - so amazingly bad, an abortion of a movie, I fell asleep for 15 minutes at one point and I don't think I missed anything important
Captain America Winter Solider - maybe the 10th time I've seen it, still love it

Safe bet re: ff. I have not seen it and am pretty sure I didn't miss anything important.

Saw Hunger Games: Mockingjay II recently. Did not like it whatsoever. An action movie without the action, just overly convoluted emotional turmoil and unsurprising plot twists. Lots of set ups for action scenes only to have little pay off. I know a huge demo for the movie is kids/teens but compared to the others in the series, this was a huge letdown. At least I got a preview for Now You See Me II, which better not disappoint since I loved the first.

Saw Spy over weekend. Thought it would be turrible but actually not bad. Can't say it was great but exceeded expectation. Moves fast, some decent laughs. C+/B- range.

Saw Creed and thought it was really good. My second thought: I really need to hit the gym.

Ex Machina on Prime now. That was a cool flick.

Ex Machina on Prime now. That was a cool flick.
i watched this over the summer. was completely in to it and the build up of tension during the first half or so. my wife got tired and wanted to go to sleep so i turned it off and we picked it up the following night to finish. that really killed a lot of the build up for me. i would have enjoyed it so much more in one sitting.

Saw Inside Out last week and it was really really good.

Looking forward to Leo's new film that comes out next month.

I'm a little embarassed to admit it, but I saw Aloha last night. It is atrocious.

I'm a little embarassed to admit it, but I saw Aloha last night. It is atrocious.

I hope you watched that bent over in your basement. That's the only explanation.

Aloha hit HBO in the past week. Tried twice and couldn't make it more than 15 mins. Emma Stone can be super annoying in the right context. Tons of wasted talent in that one. Pretty sure Cameron Crowe just isnt good a making movies, despite Almost Famous.

Back