• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I was disappointed. It is still worth seeing, but it just didn't click for me, something about the pacing, I think. I'm going to meditate on it a little bit more, but that was my first impression. The score was great and my favorite thing about it, as well as the photography, it looks amazing. Everything else seemed forced and kind of awkward, I don't know.

Apparently QT dropped by the Alamo Ritz for the premiere to surprise patrons. Pretty cool.

Watched the documentary "Call Me Lucky", about the life of comedian Barry Crimmins, directed by Bobcat Goldthwait. It is grueling. It becomes very emotional after a surprising revelation an hour in. For those who aren't familiar with Crimmins, he's an angry political satirist who directly spawned comedians David Cross and Steven Wright

So we've been to see 3 movies in the past week, which is pretty unheard of for us (we're lucky if we see 3-4 in the theater in a year).

Sisters, Star Wars, and the Big Short...so all quite different. And I liked them all in different ways. Would recommend them all depending on what genre you're in the mood for.

I'm 30 minutes into Bone Tomahawk and its already one of my favorite movies of the year. Acting, cinematography, and dialogue are all excellent.

That was an awesome, awesome movie, right in my wheelhouse.

Kingsman was awesome, one of the best of the year.

Watching Spotlight was like reading a Wikipedia article. So dry, tensionless and boring.

watched 'Chef' last night (on netflix). i think i was expecting a REALLY terrible movie, so i was pleasantly surprised.

Just got out of the Revenant and I absolutely loved it. It's bleak and violent and beautiful. My only critique is that it's 15 minutes too long. The cinematography is incredible, especially the crazy opening battle scene. The acting is top notch, with Tom Hardy actually stealing the movie IMO, though Leo is great. I was very excited about this film and it definitely lived up to the hype.

Just got out of the Revenant and I absolutely loved it. It's bleak and violent and beautiful. My only critique is that it's 15 minutes too long. The cinematography is incredible, especially the crazy opening battle scene. The acting is top notch, with Tom Hardy actually stealing the movie IMO, though Leo is great. I was very excited about this film and it definitely lived up to the hype.

How many of the inspired by real events claim were relevant.

During a fight with the Utes, he took an arrow in his spine, then traveled 700 miles before another mountain man could pull it out of Glass’s backbone.

No way this is true. Highlight above, possible spoiler.

Last edited:

meh. about 30 minutes too long. nice cinematography.

Just saw "Room" in the petite theater at Aperture, which is actually smaller than my living room. I felt all the feels, Brie Larson is amazing and Jacob Tremblay, who plays her son, is even better. A+

Just saw Brooklyn by myself amidst a theatre chocked full with elderly people. It was awesome! Gave me all the feels. Made me wanna marry an irish girl. Made me rock hard, honestly.

Back