• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

where are you guys watching these 2015 oscar films? still in theaters or are you ponying up $15-$20 on amazon?

Saw concussion last night, would highly recommend it, particularly if you watch football. But even if you don't it still should be worthwhile.

Watched The Martian yesterday, solid flick. I love me some Jessica Chastain.

Might watch Straight Outta Compton before football starts

Saw Straight Outta Compton last night and it was very good. Brought back lots of memories of my high school white suburban kid who loved gangsta rap self.

Saw The Boy last night. Not great and definitely unoriginal, but it's better than most January horrors and blended elements of different subgenres nicely (supernatural and slasher).

Caught Sicario last night - really superb. Having seen both, I would've given it the Best Picture nod over Mad Max, but that's just me.

BdT was amazing, as usual. Simultaneously sympathetic and terrifying, which is pretty damn hard to pull off.

I started watching last month and forgot how borderline unbearable the voiceover/narration is. I had to turn it off. I'll try again because I know I love it, but it was hitting me the wrong way the other time.

watched Sicario last night, was entertained. though it was beautifully shot and loved the score and then saw that it was nominated for cinematography and score.

Just watch the Director's Cut.

Yeah, I've seen that one before as well, and probably have it on dvd somewhere, I had just pulled up the version on HBOGo with the voiceovers and it was annoying. I need to figure out which one I have and find the right one.

Back