• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Finally saw Sinister the other day. Thought is was awful. Not very scary.

Saw Annabelle a few nights ago at one of the theaters that uses the D-Box seats that move around and vibrate with the movie. Thought is was pretty good, especially with that added element. The Conjuring is better. Such a good horror movie.

Finally saw Sinister the other day. Thought is was awful. Not very scary.

Saw Annabelle a few nights ago at one of the theaters that uses the D-Box seats that move around and vibrate with the movie. Thought is was pretty good, especially with that added element. The Conjuring is better. Such a good horror movie.

Ahh man, I can't even get with that. You thought Sinister was awful and Annabelle was good? I don't get it, but to each his own.

Tried to watch The French Connection on bluray for the first time and I couldn't make it through it. It's supposedly a classic, but I found it very disconnected and the dialogue was really difficult to hear. Probably the first classic blu-ray purchase that I regret, though I still haven't watched my copy of Cleopatra.

i'm gonna buy a D-Box setup for my man-cave some day

eww so the super saturated blue one?
Yeah. It's frustrating that hi-def transfers aren't always just simply improved with film restoration technology, sometimes they're re-invented. This is one of the reasons why i'm not scared of blu-ray becoming obsolete in the near future, it will probably be the last physical medium, and pre-digital film won't be capable of 4K transfers.

I watched French Connection recently (on regular DVD) and was not impressed either. It felt like 60 minutes worth of material stretched out into a full length feature.

I liked the French Connection, hated the ending.

I've been told I won't like the ending of Fury, so I'm scared to go see it and prob will wait for Redbox.

did anyone see Fury? debating if i should go

I saw it and enjoyed it. It has some glaring flaws but is shot beautifully and the battle sequences are phenomenal. Not a great movie but worth the price of admission, IMO.

I saw it and enjoyed it. It has some glaring flaws but is shot beautifully and the battle sequences are phenomenal. Not a great movie but worth the price of admission, IMO.

Saw it last night and thought it was great. No significant plot lines like Saving Private Ryan, but I thought it succeeded at what it was going for.

Watched Dr. Strangelove for the first time in about a decade. Such a bawse movie. I was born towards the end of the Cold War, so I guess I can't really comprehend the level of paranoia being satirized. Well, I am living in 2014, so paranoia shouldn't be foreign.

Saw Listen Up Philip this weekend. While I thought the acting was pretty great, I'm not so sure about the movie overall. The two main characters (played by Schwartzman and Pryce) are simply insufferable people, and two hours of listening to them was a little tough at times. I didn't dislike the movie, but I don't think I'll ever see it again.

Watched Gone Girl on Saturday. Very fucked up movie.

Back