• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Yes, I thought it was very good. What held it back a little for me is that the acting wasn’t the best.

OK- I've got to get your take on The Rider. It changes from time to time obviously, but it spends a fair amount of time as my number 1. Also, on a more obscure note, Arkansas (the soundtrack alone makes it excellent, but I liked the story too).

I haven’t seen it but according to my friends on Letterboxd it must be amazing
4ab0a200461d6a2b0ac6488fdbacdda1.jpg

Yeah, get back to me after you watch.

Just finished Molly’s game and it was an enjoyable gambling centered movie but oh man not as fun as doing some light googling afterwards and finding out that Tobey mcguire is a huge fucking asshole.

Just to watch with the gf The Age of Adaline. Actually not as bad as I thought before watching...

Halfway through “X” and this shit is boring as fuck. Lighting in this movie is miserably dark. It’s also extremely ageist. This is the first Ti West film that I have ever disliked and they are making a fucking trilogy from it, go figure.

Halfway through “X” and this shit is boring as fuck. Lighting in this movie is miserably dark. It’s also extremely ageist. This is the first Ti West film that I have ever disliked and they are making a fucking trilogy from it, go figure.
I hated it so much. First legit bomb from A24 imo

I really enjoyed Dont Worry Darling. Kind of a dystopian Stepford Wives crossed with The Master (not comparing it to The Master)

When you watch it you will know that a twist is coming, but I think the film does a pretty good job of not spoiling itself. Harry Styles is kind of wooden and over his head, but the acting overall is good. KiKi Layne as Margaret should have had a bigger speaking role in the story, it’s dumb that so her character is mentioned so frequently in the past tense when her character was important to the film. Altogether I gave it 4/5. All the negative publicity about the film is irrelevant to the movie itself, just go into it expecting a decent mystery.

Watched The Batman on a plane. That is a long ass movie. Also with it being so dark a lot got washed out from the glare.

I saw “Smile” on Saturday, it was pretty good. Very obviously about the danger of burying childhood trauma. Too many quiet-loud jump scares. The plot is reminiscent of The Ring, but different enough to still be fresh. There is some strong subtext about society not believing women that I felt was done very well. I gave it 4 stars.

horror fans need to check out bodies bodies bodies and barbarian ASAP
the wife and I saw Barbarian yesterday and really enjoyed. So creepy. And main character just kept making bad decisions just like the commercial when the kids go hide behind the chainsaws.

the wife and I saw Barbarian yesterday and really enjoyed. So creepy. And main character just kept making bad decisions just like the commercial when the kids go hide behind the chainsaws.
Let my freshman in HS kid watch Barbarian over the weekend. They and their friend were the only two people in the theater, which made it extra creepy. I had watched the trailer, but it didn’t touch on or hint to a lot of the really disturbing shit in the movie. They really liked it, but I’m kind of feeling like a bad parent.

people from my world seem to think it’s fine to let their young children watch gruesome horror movies. I don’t understand this stupid culture where we normalize extreme violence for children and repress romantic sexuality.

people from my world seem to think it’s fine to let their young children watch gruesome horror movies. I don’t understand this stupid culture where we normalize extreme violence for children and repress romantic sexuality.
<cough>scared for life<cough>

I just made the mistake of watching Last Seen Alive on Netflix. Oof. So bad.

you didn't watch cujo/it/all the slasher movies when they were on tv when you were a kid in the 80s/90s?

Back