• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Just watched "The Intouchables", a French film with subtitles on Netflix. Easy reading. You will experience hearty laughs, wet eyes and recall dear friends. A gem based on real life.

Watched King of Staten Island on HBO on demand.

I had fairly low expectations but was curious enough to watch and was pleasantly surprised. Not great but good.

Saw Promising Young Woman last weekend and it kicked ass. Not all great acting but Carey Mulligan was fantastic and the story was great. We saw it in a THEATER too so that probably added a lot for me.

Just watched Breaking News in Yuba County. Amazing cast, very quirky, very ridiculous. If you like quirky, funny, weird, unpredictable, then I defs recommend. It’s not Oscar worthy, but defs enjoyed it.

Nomadland was really good, just don’t watch it if you are prone to depression. Kidding of course as it was a great movie

Wife and I watched Whiplash a few nights ago and loved it JK Simmons crushed it. Made me nostalgic for playing in Symphonic Band with Dr B.

When I was a sophomore at Wake, I had never picked up an instrument before, and my wife convinced me to take Class Brass with Mzeztee, which led to me joining marching band and going to all these cool places for road trips. I was basically a warm body but I'm so glad she talked me into it.

Coming 2 America didn't reach enormously low expectations.

Watched it last night and yeah, it's not great. There were a couple of haha moments, but overall it was pretty meh. That said, it didn't take itself seriously at all, so I'm wasn't offended by its badness. And John Legend singing "She's Your Queen" during the credits was great.

It looks like theaters might be able to re-open in mid-late summer. Hopefully, they will be safe.

My Godzilla vs Kong rating: 2 fist pumps (vigorous) and a "FUCK YEAH!"

I just hate that I didn't see it on the big screen. Hopefully after I'm all vaxxed up it'll still be in theaters.

I hesitate to say anything at all, but I'll simply say this is not one of those movies where the best stuff was shown in the trailer. You're in for a treat Cap'n.

My Godzilla vs Kong rating: 2 fist pumps (vigorous) and a "FUCK YEAH!"

I just hate that I didn't see it on the big screen. Hopefully after I'm all vaxxed up it'll still be in theaters.

Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is what it is-- a ridiculous monster movie with epic clashes. Definitely the best of the new Godzilla movies, which isn't saying much, and I enjoyed it more than Skull Island. Basically, it was Pacific Rim with classic monsters.

New of the World was ok. Nothing earthshattering, but I almost always enjoy a western. That said, the areas around and leading out of Wichita Falls, Dallas, Erath County, and San Antonio do not in any way resemble the high desert of New Mexico with its sand and mountains.

New of the World was ok. Nothing earthshattering, but I almost always enjoy a western. That said, the areas around and leading out of Wichita Falls, Dallas, Erath County, and San Antonio do not in any way resemble the high desert of New Mexico with its sand and mountains.

Have you seen Prospect? The NotW trailer reminded me a lot of it.

Watched 'One Night in Miami' last night and thought it was phenomenal.

Back