• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Written by a woman, makes much more sense once I found that shit out.

how does it make any sense. seems to me it hits on every fear men have of women---seems much more likely to have been written by a male woman hater like bbd

Ahh man, I can't even get with that. You thought Sinister was awful and Annabelle was good? I don't get it, but to each his own.

Seriously. I pretty much see every scary movie that comes out and still put Sinister up there as one of the best/scariest.

Saw Dumb and Dumber To tonight. Pretty solid IMO, but I can see people going both ways on it.

how does it make any sense. seems to me it hits on every fear men have of women---seems much more likely to have been written by a male woman hater like bbd

It was so random and crazy, had to be thought up by a woman because it was crazy yet so technical and exacting. A man would have ham handed the movie, instead the female sliced and diced us the entire time. It was very very clever and original.

Seriously. I pretty much see every scary movie that comes out and still put Sinister up there as one of the best/scariest.

Saw Dumb and Dumber To tonight. Pretty solid IMO, but I can see people going both ways on it.

Whoa whoa...seriously Dumb and Dumber was good? Do you say go see it?

Whoa whoa...seriously Dumb and Dumber was good? Do you say go see it?

I liked it. I was actually in the theater with Kevin McCarthy, who does movie reviews for Fox DC, who tweeted out:

Kevin McCarthy @KevinMcCarthyTV · 17h 17 hours ago
I'm happy to say that #DumbandDumberTo is an extremely satisfying sequel - Laughed till I cried - Felt like no time had passed - Hilarious!

Kevin McCarthy @KevinMcCarthyTV · 16h 16 hours ago
I remember sitting in a theatre when I was 10 yrs old 4 #DumbAndDumber - 20 yrs later, sequel brought me back to that day - Laughed so hard!

A lot of the character mannerisms and jokes play out in a similar fashion as the original. I can see a 16 year old kid seeing it and thinking it sucked, so maybe you do have to love the first to get into it and go back to when you were younger and saw the first. Some of the scenes were hilarious, and I really don't think the preview gives it justice.

Dude, thank you for that review! I'm so pumped now.

My sister told me there was lots of scissoring going on in Blue is the Warmest Color; i have yet to investigate

I'm down on scissoring ever since Lessies have come out and said its total mularkey.

I watched Seven again last night. Great pace throughout building up to the crazy ending. "What's in the box!?!?"

Wife and I watched Neighbors last night, and I was pleasantly surprised by how funny it was. Also, there's just something about Rose Byrne 's Aussie accent.

Watched The Devil's Backbone on bluray, hadn't seen it in years. It's one of the more beautifully shot films I've ever seen. It should be seen as a companion film to Pans Labyrinth IMO

The Cabin in the Woods is a really fun flick.

Saw Nightcrawler last night. Jake Gyllenhaal is fucking unhinged in that movie. It's not subtle with its message, but it's entertaining as hell.

Saw GODZILLA (2014) the other night. I enjoyed it, but I always get irked by Aaron Taylor-Johnson since I found out he's 24, married a 50 year old and took her name.

:sick:

Back