• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I ride for HP, bitch. No harder to ride for HP as an adult than riding for the MCU or any other comic book movie. The last three or four movies in the HP series are dark as hell.

I've decided the real answer is the MI series.

Grief. 'Dark as hell'. You should watch some adult movies sometime. Start with Kids and Irreversible.

Enjoyed the first hour of The Favourite but the second hour not so much

Pretty much how I felt. It tried to capture the vibe of dangerous liaisons and was pretty good for the first 30 min., then went steadily downhill. Good performances but mediocre film. I was annoyed by the fisheye lens shots too, which were completely unnecessary. Happy to see the brief sideways shot of Emma stone’s boob, but I’d rather see uma’s.

My 10 favorite films of 2018:

1. Annihilation
2. Mandy
3. The Favourite
4. The Sisters Brothers
5. Eigth Grade
6. Blindspotting
7. Heriditary
8. Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse
9. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
10. Sorry To Bother You

1. Annihilation
2. Mandy
3. The Favourite
4. The Sisters Brothers
5. Eigth Grade
6. Blindspotting
7. Heriditary
10. Sorry To Bother You

no First Reformed?

1. Annihilation
2. Mandy
3. The Favourite
4. The Sisters Brothers
5. Eigth Grade
6. Blindspotting
7. Heriditary
10. Sorry To Bother You

Hereditary should have ended about 20 minutes earlier.

Hereditary was my #1 last year and Mandy #2. Such great movies. Need to see spiderverse. Like mdmh’s list. I would put Free Solo up there.

Free Solo was dope, but the fact that he was alive at the Oscar's was kind of a spoiler

no First Reformed?

First Reformed was very good, thanks for the recommendation. I still dont know how I feel about the final scene. Seemed like an allusion to the virgin Mary & salvation, but a part of me wanted the cheap catharsis of the death and destruction. Maybe that's what was supposed to happen - love and grace triumphs and the viewer is supposed to feel shame and remorse for wanting violence.

watched Total Recall last night

i liked how in the 80s they thought you'd have to go through xray/security to get on the subway instead of imagining the surveillance state

otherwise good stuff

"Us" was very good - a throwback to 70's dystopian sci-fi horror thrillers. It's not as scary as the trailers suggest, and it doesnt have the clear political message of "Get Out". I give it 4/5. I think a lot of the exaggerated accolades for it are coming from political interpretations people are attaching to it. On its face it's a very good horror-thriller about a black family, without any black stereotypes, which is very refreshing.

Last edited:
"Us" was very good - a throwback to 70's dystopian sci-fi horror thrillers. It's not as scary as the trailers portend, and it doesnt have the clear political message of "Get Out". I give it 4/5. I think a lot of the exaggerated accolades for it are coming from political interpretations people are attaching to it. On its face it's a very good horror-thriller about a black family, without any black stereotypes, which is very refreshing.

Well stated. I saw it tonight and also enjoyed it, but not as much as I did Get Out. I think the twist is somewhat predictable, at least on the surface. Looking forward to seeing “Ma”...Looks a little scarier but probably doesn’t have the depth that Us has.

Back