• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

For anyone who tries to import a bluray from Amazon UK, the region listed in the description is often wrong, i've imported two straight "region free" blurays, Kill List & Starred Up, that were actually Region B locked.

I saw the Queen, it was fine, a little heavy handed, Mirren won best Actress against a weak field thats for sure, but seriously is there a single movie that portrays Prince Charles well?

Saw Pitch Perfect 3, we find out that only thing John Lithgow can't do is pull off an Australian accent.

I meant to post about "Blaze" in this thread...great film, awesome soundtrack. I had never heard of the guy until the movie started getting hyped, but I'm really glad I went to see it.

Pitch Perfect 3 was so fucking bad. Just skip it and rewatch the original.

Cooper is gonna win so many Oscars for A Star is Born

Not sure where this goes, here or the streaming, but I watched the first episode of I, Claudius the other day, which I had never seen. Shit was good, and I think it's only going to get better. Production values are very 70s BBC, so a little dated, but whatever. Maybe I'll watch Caligula after if I make it through all 16 hours or whatever it is.

Haven't seen it, but Halloween 2018 appears to be a continuation of the story with Jamie Lee Curtis and not a remake. So, given Michael Myers is supposedly human since he usually ends up back at the mental institution, dude's got to be pushing 80 now. I mean isn't he getting pretty damn old to be going on these killing sprees. SNL needs to do a parody with Michael Myers chasing people down with a walker.

Haven't seen it, but Halloween 2018 appears to be a continuation of the story with Jamie Lee Curtis and not a remake. So, given Michael Myers is supposedly human since he usually ends up back at the mental institution, dude's got to be pushing 80 now. I mean isn't he getting pretty damn old to be going on these killing sprees. SNL needs to do a parody with Michael Myers chasing people down with a walker.

I assumed he was around 20 when the first movie happened -- so 60-ish now. Super far fetched that a 60 year old could go on these kiling sprees. Also, he is a supernatural being who can't die.

I assumed he was around 20 when the first movie happened -- so 60-ish now. Super far fetched that a 60 year old could go on these kiling sprees. Also, he is a supernatural being who can't die.

Then why do they keep taking to the mental institution? Catch the dude and put him on rocket to Mars or something.

Watched Scream last night for the first time in probably 15 years. Still holds up pretty well, although there is some solid camp factor. It's also a great "90s teen celebrities" time capsule. Skeet Ulrich, Matthew Lillard, Rose McGowan, Jamie Kennedy.

Watched Scream last night for the first time in probably 15 years. Still holds up pretty well, although there is some solid camp factor. It's also a great "90s teen celebrities" time capsule. Skeet Ulrich, Matthew Lillard, Rose McGowan, Jamie Kennedy.

We watched some of it last night too (after watching the whole thing a couple of weeks ago). I agree it's still enjoyable. Do you listen to The Ringer's Rewatchables podcast? They had one on Scream and were talking about how much they love it.

Mandy was so fuckin awesome. Its an 80's heavy metal album cover turned into a feature length film.

The new/old Orson Welles movie, The Other Side of the Wind, is available on Netflix today. I'm looking forward to it, should be crazy.

Back