• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Haven't you watched like 7 season of Arrow on the CW? Go back to the kiddie table, adults are talking.

Watching 7 seasons of Arrow probably has the same negative effects on cognition as listening to one Bret Easton Ellis pod.

LOL this is what I am talking about. You live in the upside down. Most of those movies are middling garbage. It's really not debatable.

LOL, I think the vast majority of actual movie critics would debate you on all of the movies I listed. But, I am sure you are a better source than actual movie critics.

Apparently, for you, it is either an all-time masterpiece, or it is trash. There is no middle ground.

Weren't you the dude who thought the Umbrella Academy was some kind of revelation?

Recent era I think House of 1,000 Corpses and Devils Rejects were pretty good movies.

Cabin in The Woods, SUCKS. The ending is so cornball I don't know how anyone could enjoy that movie.

Also thought The Haunting of Hlll House was pretty good on Netflix.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to say that Hereditary relied on jump scares. The scene involving the telephone pole and the immediate aftermath were chilling. I didn't like the ending as much.

It-yeah, it had jump scares, but the story was about an omnipresent killer clown, so there were bound to be a few. I really liked how the movie established that every adult in town was completely feckless-its not easy to convince the audience why a bunch of kids would take on the fight themselves.

Thought the Babadook as very good, as was Us. (I put Get Out more in the thriller category, and Annihilation is definitely more sci-fi).

The Descent is also solid.

Haven't noticed it mentioned yet, but the Omen belongs in the top tier of horror movies. I actually think the Exorcist is a little overrated-needed more "terrified mother gradually dealing with possessed girl" and less "priest with faith crisis". The exorcism scene was a silly as anything you'd see on a bad horror movie today, although I guess it was novel at the time.

Haven't noticed it mentioned yet, but the Omen belongs in the top tier of horror movies. I actually think the Exorcist is a little overrated-needed more "terrified mother gradually dealing with possessed girl" and less "priest with faith crisis". The exorcism scene was a silly as anything you'd see on a bad horror movie today, although I guess it was novel at the time.

I agree with this take, but I also am not Christian and don't have a lot of experience around Catholics so there has to be something else going on besides Satan to freak me out at this point.

Throw Event Horizon in there. That movie kicks ass.

I really wanted to like Us and thought it was well done stylistically but thought the payoff was rushed at the end. Decent movie but not on the level of Get Out.

Cabin in the Woods was fucking awesome and I’ll fite anyone who disagrees sorry Catamount.

If it does, sign me up. I assume it's extended scenes from the original crew?

Yeah - you can find clips from the cut that would have been rated NC-17, but to my knowledge the full cut doesn't exist anywhere.

Back