Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186191192193194195196
Results 3,901 to 3,919 of 3919

Thread: Official thread about the movie you just saw

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    A friend's mom saw this and thought it was great. I found that very surprising. Your take is much more what I expected.
    Itís like 82% on RT. I had only heard positive reviews until now.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    A friend's mom saw this and thought it was great. I found that very surprising. Your take is much more what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís hilarious. Itís one of the better comedies that Iíve seen in awhile.
    We're going to be good again.

ITC = Apocalypse Dumbass
    Saw A Quiet Place yesterday. Pretty solid. Would have been better if it had been set in Greensboro.
    Last edited by BiffTannen; 04-16-2018 at 08:39 AM.

ITC = Apocalypse Dumbass
    Quiet Place plot hole questions -- unanswered.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...ocialflowFBESQ

Rusty Larue
    I did not care for Ready Player One. Saw it in an empty theater so maybe the humor didn't land like it might have in a crowded one.

some of those questions are dumb.

maybe they don't live by the waterfall because they're a) deeply affected/terrified that the planet has been conquered by sound-aliens - which may cause an overall hesitancy to act on anything unless absolutely necessary, b) there's no shelter to live in at the waterfall, c) constructing a new shelter at the waterfall would take a significant amount of time/effort - time/effort necessary to adapt to a way of living without previously existing social systems, d) we don't know when they found the waterfall, and e) constructing a new shelter at the waterfall would require a lot of movement to and from the farm, something the family already seems extremely hesitant about - likely due to (a) and the fact that they lost their son three months into the "invasion."

tldr - they don't move to the waterfall because if it ain't broke, don't fix it?
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    some of those questions are dumb.

maybe they don't live by the waterfall because they're a) deeply affected/terrified that the planet has been conquered by sound-aliens - which may cause an overall hesitancy to act on anything unless absolutely necessary, b) there's no shelter to live in at the waterfall, c) constructing a new shelter at the waterfall would take a significant amount of time/effort - time/effort necessary to adapt to a way of living without previously existing social systems, d) we don't know when they found the waterfall, and e) constructing a new shelter at the waterfall would require a lot of movement to and from the farm, something the family already seems extremely hesitant about - likely due to (a) and the fact that they lost their son three months into the "invasion."

tldr - they don't move to the waterfall because if it ain't broke, don't fix it?
    This was one of the plot questions I posted in my spoilers tag. I guess weíre not doing spoilers on this thread?

Anyway, RE: the waterfall - itís pretty goddamn broke. If they had the time and ability to set up fireworks, set up the silly light system, lay the salt/sand walkway lines, then certainly they couldíve figured out a low-sound shelter by the waterfall. And that wasnít even my biggest problem with the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    Saw A Quiet Place last night. I don't normally enjoy horror flicks given their predictability and the silliness of jump scares, etc. I thought this was conceptually solid and really enjoyed the pacing. The lack of spoken dialogue certainly added to the suspense, and Krasinski and Blunt are eminently watchable people. That said, I had HUGE problems with the plot holes

1. Why the FUCK would any couple allow themselves to get pregnant in this situation? Even after the loss of a child. For me, this took away from the empathy factor in a "you get what you deserve" way. Maybe I'm just an asshole
    2. Also, why bring the entire family to the pharmacy at the beginning? Why not just send dad and sick kid?
    3. If they know that constant, loud noise mitigates risk, why not LIVE NEAR THE FUCKING WATERFALL?
    4. Similarly, if they were able to build the underground bunker specifically for the newborn/labor, why not make the whole house soundproof? Seemed like they mapped out the whole town and could find supplies to do so. They certainly had the time. Maybe do that first before setting up fucking fireworks and a useless red light system.
    4a. Conversely, why not just move to a more sound-secure area? Military base, airport - hell, even a radio station or music studio.
    5. Fix the fucking nail after you catch your laundry bag on it, dumbass.
    6. I find it hard to believe that a society could figure out that the creatures were highly alert to sound and NOT find a solution to combat it. That it would take interference from a deaf girl's ear piece to discover a weakness. It would take a pretty long time for those creatures to wipe civilization out one at a time. Certainly long enough to allow for experiments.
    This movie was one of the worst movies I have seen in recent memory, and any intelligent, logical person who thinks otherwise has a very high threshold for lapping up anything Hollywood dishes out. How it ever scored 95% on Rotten Tomatoes is beyond me. You say it is "solid" then list all of the reasons that you correctly point out that make it very "unsolid". Stay away unless you can watch completely illogical movies and enjoy them.

A Young Go-Hard
    Wut?
    Draxx them sklounst

Fantasy Sheep Champion
    Thoroughly ennoyed Ready Player One. I also loved the book. Itís just a giant nerdgasm.

Super Troopers 2 was everything I wanted it to be. No fan of the first one should be disappointed.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog Deac View Post
    This movie was one of the worst movies I have seen in recent memory, and any intelligent, logical person who thinks otherwise has a very high threshold for lapping up anything Hollywood dishes out. How it ever scored 95% on Rotten Tomatoes is beyond me. You say it is "solid" then list all of the reasons that you correctly point out that make it very "unsolid". Stay away unless you can watch completely illogical movies and enjoy them.
    Saw it yesterday with my wife. I enjoyed it. She liked it, in spite of being overly emotional due to having our third child in her uterus.

Of course, we only ended up at the movie because we're simpletons. We were just stumbling around trying to not bump into things and somehow we ended up at the local cinema. Since we're rarely allowed to leave the home, it was a really exciting day. My favorite part was when my wife exclaimed, "Gaaahhh!!! The pictures... They're coming alive!"

The ATS family panics:

Fantasy Sheep Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    Super Troopers 2 was everything I wanted it to be. No fan of the first one should be disappointed.
    Thatís good news.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Saw it yesterday with my wife. I enjoyed it. She liked it, in spite of being overly emotional due to having our third child in her uterus.

Of course, we only ended up at the movie because we're simpletons. We were just stumbling around trying to not bump into things and somehow we ended up at the local cinema. Since we're rarely allowed to leave the home, it was a really exciting day. My favorite part was when my wife exclaimed, "Gaaahhh!!! The pictures... They're coming alive!"
    My wife, having given birth to our first child a few months ago, was having serious PTSD during the bathtub scene.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    The ATS family panics:

Impressive that they took a video of people watching the first video.