• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Meh for me it basically that. It was decent but I'm glad I didn't see it in theaters and doubt I'd ever watch it again.

Anchorman 2 needed an editor. All that stuff with blindness and the lighthouse and the shark wasn't funny at all and killed the rhythm of the movie. They could have gotten "Mr. and Mrs. Burgundy" back to together without that long, silly segway.

I have enjoyed watching "The World's End" on HBO. At least the first 2/3. I admit the "blanks" plot gets a little tiresome but the writing during the first half of the movie is hilarious. Maybe I identify with the Gary King character. LOL

Anchorman 2 needed an editor. All that stuff with blindness and the lighthouse and the shark wasn't funny at all and killed the rhythm of the movie. They could have gotten "Mr. and Mrs. Burgundy" back to together without that long, silly segway.

GW agrees

Bush_Segway_Crash-766234.jpg

Frank

Really weird but extremely funny in a dark and dry way in parts. Falls apart in the end IMO, but worth it just for a great Fassbender performance in which he wears a huge fake head.

The Signal

Another indie Sci-Fi movie. Not as low budget as Coherence but still relatively low. Has some nice set pieces though and is decently interesting if not a little crowded with ideas. Again, worth the watch IMO.

Has anyone seen the Immigrant? Great reviews, great cast, no one really went to see it though.

Not sure if it is on iTunes/VOD yet.

I mean it's good. Really good. But wow.

The turkeys townie.

The turkeys.

Sean penn pretty much filmed a top 10 scene of all time with those damn turkeys.

Plus it's jack's best performance

Last edited:
And while we are talking movies.

IMO the opening scene of The Godfather is the best of all time.

So much packed in those 5 minutes.

Imagine seeing it got the first time.

I have enjoyed watching "The World's End" on HBO. At least the first 2/3. I admit the "blanks" plot gets a little tiresome but the writing during the first half of the movie is hilarious. Maybe I identify with the Gary King character. LOL
I loved this one. It reminded me of This is the End in a lot of ways, but I appreciated its sincerity.

I saw The Drop last night. Tom Hardy was quite good. Noomi Rapace was also very good. James Gandolfini was a Tony Soprano wannabe. It was a good story and was filmed well, but it was very slow.

Finally saw the Dutch film "Borgman" and what in the actual fuck did I just watch? I can't tell you what the film is about, because there are no answers - only questions, but it's an enthralling film. I'd love to hear Townie's or WakeFanatic's take on it.

Just saw "If I Stay" tonight. Not good and mostly as depressing as you would think a movie prominently featuring a coma would be.

Being a parent makes me so damn sappy though. Will tear up at just about anything. Ugh. Used to only get affected like that if I was watching something legitimately good.

I watched Grudge Match last night because it had been recorded and I didn't want to think.

So many references to the Rocky movies and I made the horrible discovery that my GF has not seen a single Rocky movie.

Back