• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I watched "Nocturnal Animals" last night. Shit fucked me up a bit. Pretty fucking brilliant stuff though. Anybody else seen it? Might have missed it on this thread.

I watched "Nocturnal Animals" last night. Shit fucked me up a bit. Pretty fucking brilliant stuff though. Anybody else seen it? Might have missed it on this thread.

Yep. Dug it, but didn't knock my socks off. Guy who played the main villain was excellent and just really well acted overall. Without spoiling, what you know about one of the plots takes some of the effectiveness away.

A Gyllenhaal movie that fucked me up more than this was Enemy. If you haven't see it, check it out. Last scene will stay with you.

Last edited:
I, Tonya is easily Top 10 American movie of 2017.

Great soundtrack too

Saw this last night, was great - didn't really have any desire to see it, but was bored, and traveling, and it was the only thing on. I was amazed, it was awesome - Janney and Margot Robbie were amazing. As someone who cared nothing about the topic, I really, really enjoyed the movie and the format.

Watched a bunch of movies on Netflix earlier this week when I was sick. Rogue One really holds up well. So does Training Day. 47 Meters Down was terrible - wish I'd turned it off instead of trudging through to the end.

Fall asleep for a few minutes because reclining chair

What I mostly saw of Paddington 2 is solid

Hugh Grant is a good actor

Watched Girls Trip over the weekend. Funniest f-ing movie I've seen a really long time.

Watched "Killing of a Sacred Deer" last night and it was very good. All of Yorgos Lanthomos's films seem like fables, even when they aren't. Half of the enjoyment of Lanthamos's films are the idiosyncracies - the dialogue is purposefully stilted and the performances are muted, bordering on wooden or just numb. I probably enjoyed "The Lobster" more than this one, but they are both very entertaining and thought provoking.

Watched Shot Caller while traveling last week. Did not like it. Somehow the plot became convoluted in what I thought would be a pretty straightforward story and main character's motivation really didn't make any sense

Saw The Post, it was well acted but was slow.

What's truly amazing is seeing how difficult it was to get a newspaper set up and printed before computers. It's amazing that papers actually got out on a daily basis.

He's practically made for the role. Especially if you use The Rock's Doom as a template.

Haven't seen a ton of movies lately (Blade Runner, Star Wars), but saw Phantom Thread last night and thought it was great. Quirky, subtle, weird, funny, shot beautifully, great music (both Greenwood's score and the other things -- great Debussy string quartet), wonderful performances by all the leads. Carried a quiet tension throughout for what wasn't really an edge-of-seat film. I thought it was excellent.

Dunkirk is not nearly as impressive on the home tv vs. IMAX (duh), but damn I love what Hans Zimmer did with the Enigma Variations and the use of Shepard tones. It's also impressive how much was said with so little dialogue.

Back