• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Caught Battle of the Sexes over the weekend. Zzzz.

I don't know if it was a bad movie or just not a compelling story from which to draw.

The Spike Lee movie (BlacKKKlansman) is surprisingly good. And even more surprising is that the audience was at least half white. Granted it was on a random Monday night, but still. Has a fair amount of humor mixed in with a message.

The Fugitive still kicks ass. I haven’t seen it in around fifteen years and was surprised by how much of the plot I’d forgotten but how many scenes I specifically remember.

Hey Moonz -- I think you agreed to self-ban for a year if The Meg didn't hit 70% or so on RT (I can't find the posts). It's at 49%. Bye.

Hey Moonz -- I think you agreed to self-ban for a year if The Meg didn't hit 70% or so on RT (I can't find the posts). It's at 49%. Bye.

When Jason Stathem came out and ripped it opening weekend for not being rated R, you knew it was going to struggle...that is of course if you couldn't tell that from the previews.

Caught Battle of the Sexes over the weekend. Zzzz.

I don't know if it was a bad movie or just not a compelling story from which to draw.

It was very disappointing, in no small part because they turned it into a lesbian love story instead of what it was supposed to be about. If they had called it Billy Jean King: Lesbian Tennis Pioneer, nobody would've seen it. Steve Carell was the only thing enjoyable in the film.

Not the take you would expect from ELC. Too much lesbian stuff. Not enough tennis.

I've glanced at Battle of the Sexes about four or five times and never sat down to watch it, but it looked bad enough that I din't want to watch it anyway.

The one thing I was wondering about is whether or not the movie addressed the theory that Riggs actually threw the match or if that would be too much for a lesbian love story to admit.

Yeah, women would have lost their collective shit if Hollywood had come out with a movie that indicated their crowning moment in 70's sports was a sham.

They just sent this email:

ggUExMG.png

I cancelled a few days ago (when the only option they offered in Charlotte was a 10pm showing of Slender Man at one theater nowhere near me), but it is cathartic to click through to the list of movies they're offering next week and laugh at how that business and their seedy ass execs are finally going to crash and fucking burn.

but good news, if you still have it next week: there are going to be plenty of opportunities to see "we the animals" and "juliet, naked" !

Back