Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211216217218219220221
Results 4,401 to 4,413 of 4413

Thread: Official thread about the movie you just saw

They just sent this email:

I cancelled a few days ago (when the only option they offered in Charlotte was a 10pm showing of Slender Man at one theater nowhere near me), but it is cathartic to click through to the list of movies they're offering next week and laugh at how that business and their seedy ass execs are finally going to crash and fucking burn.

but good news, if you still have it next week: there are going to be plenty of opportunities to see "we the animals" and "juliet, naked" !

They've officially crossed the threshold into sucking and this isn't a program worth it for new subscribers.

Because I bought an annual pass, I'm still in it for a while, probably longer than they'll be in business. Fortunately I have a couple of theaters with e-ticketing including one (Kendall) that's in my regular rotation.
    Last edited by DeacHead; 08-16-2018 at 06:14 PM.

I like how they're posting the schedules a week in advance "so users can plan for a showing", but also say they're going to restrict showtimes if they're too popular on the app.

How are they so fucking bad at this? I mean, setting aside the fact that it was a terrible idea in the first place

A Young Go-Hard
    Wasn't a terrible idea, was a terrible execution, anyway its definitely fucked now. I cancelled, but I wasnt really using it anyway, ive seen 3 movies in 2 months.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFaithful View Post
    I like how they're posting the schedules a week in advance "so users can plan for a showing", but also say they're going to restrict showtimes if they're too popular on the app.

How are they so fucking bad at this? I mean, setting aside the fact that it was a terrible idea in the first place
    I never saw a business model that would allow them to make money. If you are a business that doesn't have a plan that gets you to profitability you are doomed eventually.

A Young Go-Hard
    Draxx them sklounst

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    I never saw a business model that would allow them to make money. If you are a business that doesn't have a plan that gets you to profitability you are doomed eventually.
    Do you think that model could have worked 15 years ago before streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFaithful View Post
    BlacKKKlansman is really good.
    This is true. Top 5 movie of the year for me.

Also, has anybody had problems cancelling MoviePass? I saw some folks on reddit say that they tried to cancel and MoviePass responded back that they are not allowing them to because they want the subscribers to try out the new plan.