• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

finally saw Ant Man/Wasp. Not a great movie, despite Paul Rudd but that mid-credit scene was amazeballs

Was not that impress with A Star is Born.

Gaga was great but I am 100% out on Bradley Cooper. Dude is a hack that takes himself waaaay too seriously.

Yeah, I'm not a Bradley Cooper fan at all. There are a handful of dudes who I just cannot get into. It was Ethan Hawke for a while, though I've softened. Now it is Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds. Maybe one or two others.

I watched the first 45 of The Other Side of the Wind last night, and it is crazy. I love it. I should have kept on going, but I was just losing steam because I'm old and have to wake up early to walk to work in the rain.

I saw Bohemian Rhapsody Friday night. It was pretty good. I kind of felt like it didn't live up to the hype but it was enjoyable and Rami Malek did a great job as Freddie Mercury.

I watched the first 45 of The Other Side of the Wind last night, and it is crazy. I love it. I should have kept on going, but I was just losing steam because I'm old and have to wake up early to walk to work in the rain.

Rest of it was dope. Fun movie. Weird without being try-hard.

His bank account and award shelf will disagree, but I always thought Cooper should've stuck with comedy. He was a great heel in Wedding Crashers.

I went to the live in HD Met Opera simulcast yesterday of Nico Muhly's Marnie and it was great. I was the youngest in the theater by probably 20 years at least, and I think the olds around me were somewhat confused, especially by the flamboyant pre-concert and intermission interviews done by NC's own up and coming countertenor Anthony Ross Costanzo (also, former UNC prof and NC native Anthony Dean Griffey had a part - NC repping all over the place at the Met), and some other stuff, but they didn't talk too much or smell too bad. Ha. Olds. At least people are paying to see the Opera.

Anyway, check it out if you can. Isabel Leonard is great in the title role. Dark, sexy, moody, etc. etc. Kind of want to hang out with her and have some cocktails, see where things go. She's in another opera they're doing in the Spring, so I'll have to check that one out, too. Poulenc's Dialogues des Carmelites -- should also be weird.

Anyone see The Grinch with their kids?

It's a near certainty that I'll be going at some point in the next couple of weeks... Just want to know what I should be prepared view. Reviews mixed, but that's not at all surprising.

Rewatched A History of Violence over the weekend, didn't like it quite as much as I remembered. The acting is a little dicey.

Say what? William Hurt puts on a fucking clinic in that movie. Ed Harris? Mortensen transforming back into his old self?

This is a horrifyingly bad take. I'm scared of you now.

Ed Harris is perfect. William Hurt says "Joey" so many times it is distracting. The son probably watches every Jesse Eisenberg role like the "fucking chuck norris" scene from Dodgeball. Everything at the high school is painful (the bullies, the son, the dialogue). Maria Bello's filmography probably reflects her talent.

I should have clarified that I still really like the movie, it just isn't the stone cold classic I once thought it was.

The Crimes of Grunewald, while being a solid movie, had the ability to piss of many in the fandom for what it chooses to do with the canon. I enjoyed it, long movie, cool visuals, ends with big good vs.evil fight. Not nearly as good as some of the other Harry Potter movies, but still a good time.

My main gripe now is how expensive seeing a movie in a city is, $20 ticket, $5 uber each way, $8 soda, and thats not including the flask of Jack Daniels I brought with me. I mean come on, thats about $40 for me to go to a movie by myself, how did moviepass ever expect to make money?

That's more expensive than OC. Our local theater has really good gelato for a $5.50 three scoop, waffle cone and $6.50 for a range of beers and wine.

I think I'll see Grunewald next Tuesday night for $5.75.

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody. Malek will likely get a nomination. It was very good.

Oh and rewatched Mr. Brooks last night.

A clever spin on the serial killer movie.

I really miss that place on Reynolda in Winston, $5 tickets when you showed your ID and dollar popcorn and drink on Tuesdays. That place ruined all other movie theaters for me. This was within the last decade too.

Back