• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Watched The Meg on my flight down to Florida this morning.

More like, “The Meh”, amirite?

No, seriously, it was pretty much what you’d expect, but somehow worse. But I like movies with giant creatures, so I made it through the whole thing.

Now I have to decide what to watch on the flight back...

Watched Annihilation.

It was weird and I don’t think I’m smart enough to get it.

Actually, I don’t think there was anything to really “get.”

But I love Natalie Portman, so there’s that.

Wouldn’t recommend.

Thought the Outlaw King was fantastic. Netflix must have a huge budget to produce new material.

Thought the Outlaw King was fantastic. Netflix must have a huge budget to produce new material.
They do, it's ridiculous

Trying to crush any Amazon original content before it gains any momentum

Watched Annihilation.

It was weird and I don’t think I’m smart enough to get it.

Actually, I don’t think there was anything to really “get.”

But I love Natalie Portman, so there’s that.

Wouldn’t recommend.
The book is so so good. Highly recommend. Just as weird, but makes so much more sense.

Agree about Outlaw King. Really enjoyed it.

Regarding Netflix's original content, I get the sense that they've made the decision to push their own material rather than acquire the rights to other production studio's films and series. Just anecdotally, the amount of "Netflix original content" I see on the home screen seems to have increased over the past year or so.

Well other studios, networks, etc are launching their own streaming services.

Watched The Meg on my flight down to Florida this morning.

More like, “The Meh”, amirite?

No, seriously, it was pretty much what you’d expect, but somehow worse. But I like movies with giant creatures, so I made it through the whole thing.

Now I have to decide what to watch on the flight back...

Weird, I watched the Meg last night on a flight and followed it with half of Annihilation. Meg was just as expected -- thought the special effects were well done (based on watching a Samsung). I read Annihilation, so I was into the movie, but now need to watch the second half.

The Meg was exactly was it was supposed to be, except they could've thrown in a gratuitous nude scene for shits and giggles. Jason Statham and Gerard Butler might as well be the same person at this point.

Conagher with Sam Elliott is available on Amazon Prime. Watched it recentely. Great western. It was made for TBS originally but produced to cinema level quality. It's old, 1991 I think, but has aged well and if you like Sam you'll like Conagher.

This looks pretty cool/freaky. I might not do well with it, but I'm still interested. Anyone ever peeped it?

Saw Green Book last night. It was excellent. Mortensen and Ali should get nominations for Oscars.

The three leads in The Favourite were fantastic. Fun, weird movie overall. Almost straight murdered some chatty people around me. Also, though I love the screens, seats, and sounds this place offered, I'm kind of over the dine-in theater fad. Too many competing smells and noises, encourages chatter, makes me want to kill.

Last edited:
The three leads in The Favourite were fantastic. Fun, weird movie overall. Almost straight murdered some chatty people around me. Also, though I love the screens, seats, and sounds this place offered, I'm kind of over the dine-in theater fad. Too many competing smells and noises, encourages chatter, makes me want to kill.

Raleigh got a new Alamo draft house recently and it's great but you are 100% right about all of that happening if it's a full theater. The one thing I don't get about the theaters in Raleigh is the IMAX at Marbles is almost never full and it's the same price as everywhere else as long as it's not a 3-D offering. Love that place and see like 80% of my movies there. It's great.

i thought it was only showing in the UK on that day. it's showing in the US on 27th

looks pretty awesome. for some reason the only showings near me are at 1 and 4 pm. i guess they're not planning to make a big buck

i thought it was only showing in the UK on that day. it's showing in the US on 27th

looks pretty awesome. for some reason the only showings near me are at 1 and 4 pm. i guess they're not planning to make a big buck

there were some U.S. showings on the 17th - I am only seeing 1:00 and 4:00 as well

there apparently are plans for a limited 25-city U.S. release in February

Saw The Favourite over the weekend. The acting and scenery were good, but the action was glacial. The story was OK but lost any interest due to the pace.

Back