• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw Secret Life of Pets 2 with my daughters (5&3) over the weekend and it was MUCH better than I feared.

Watched Captain Marvel on a plane today and thought it was awesome. Easily one of my favorite Marvel movies. I thought it was going to suck, but I can’t think of another Marvel movie that I’d definitely say was better.

Watched Arctic on a flight yesterday and it was pretty meh after a strong start. And I’m a Mads fan... He was good, but the story got boring.

Wick 3 was everything I could have wanted.

Newfound appreciation for Belgian Malinois.

That sequence with Halle Berry was fierce

The horse stable scene also clever and AWESOME

John Wick is an awesome fictional character and the world he lives in is awesome too

Wick 4 will be great. neo and Morpheus United!!

Got roped into seeing Late Night yesterday. I thought it might be really good as Emma Thompson can be hilarious. But it turned into several long cliches.

Took Tim Jr to see Toy Story 4 this weekend. It was entertaining enough but I don't get the near unanimous good reviews. Lots of recycled themes and scenarios from 1-3. Of course I know why they made a 4th Toy $tory movie, but the 3rd wrapped everything up so well, gave closure to the characters, etc that this one just felt unnecessary from the beginning. Andy passing the toys to Bonnie was a much better finale to the series than
Woody doing a complete "nah, screw it" 180 from everything he stood for in the first 3.9 movies of the series.

Unless you look at everything he went through as teaching him what he needed to know to finally make that decision.

test

How do you do the spoiler tag? It's obviously not this.

You have to put the spoiler text inside the first bracket. The text that goes between the opening bracket and the closing bracket can be whatever non-spoilery thing you want.

Watched Wreck it Ralph 2 on Friday. Eh. Still decent enough I suppose, but none of the magic of the first one - I guess that's the risk with toon sequels. The Disney princess parts were great, but made their way to the internet long ago. The most fun I had was picking up the easter eggs when Ralph ends up in the internet graveyard (and then explaining them all to my wife, who's five years younger). Netscape! Geocities! AltaVista!

Weird. What I did works on tapatalk.

Saw Yesterday. It was good and worth seeing. Lily James was really good.

saw Birdman and Lego 2 on flights

Birdman was cool; i like naomi watts and wish Ed Norton was in more stuff

Lego 2 was just OK

saw Birdman and Lego 2 on flights

Birdman was cool; i like naomi watts and wish Ed Norton was in more stuff

Lego 2 was just OK

Norton is a great actor but has a horrible rep as being extremely difficult to work with.

Hereditary is on Amazon for free now so I caved. It is fucking terrible. Horror movies are terrible. There are no good ones. If you see lots of horror movies you are a mushhead with no taste. I feel like the ven diagram of people who love horror movies and people who watch wrestling is a perfect circle. Trash culture.

We need to bill a multicast stadium event as something that is the apex of wrestling, horror film and musical theater, let all the people buy tix and come and then carpet bomb.

what are the good horror movies?

I remember when people were all about Babadook and it was awful -- slow, terribly predictable

I guess some of it comes down to categorization: Get Out, mother!, and Unsane are a few good movies that are horror-adjacent/psychological thriller flicks. But I don't consider them pure horror.

babadook wasn’t very good

I liked Hereditary though it fell apart a little at the end

The VVitch was a good recent one too

Plenty of great classic horror from Psycho to the Birds to The Exorcist to The Shining to Silence of the Lambs

I tend to like the psychological/suspenseful/thriller types more as well but if it’s well made and not just gory or jump cuts I will probably also like it

Hereditary is on Amazon for free now so I caved. It is fucking terrible. Horror movies are terrible. There are no good ones. If you see lots of horror movies you are a mushhead with no taste. I feel like the ven diagram of people who love horror movies and people who watch wrestling is a perfect circle. Trash culture.

We need to bill a multicast stadium event as something that is the apex of wrestling, horror film and musical theater, let all the people buy tix and come and then carpet bomb.

middle age masculinity seems bleak

I guess I’ll find out soon enough, but damn

Not middle aged, and generally anyone who is vaguely educated should figure out by 30 at the latest that these three things are garbage.

In like 120 years of the genre, there have been I would say maybe 5 horror movies that qualify as just 'an actual good movie' and not just 'a good horror movie'. It's really really bad.

Back