• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I'll put Regarding Henry up as an underrated Ford movie. Don't @ me.

I remember liking What Lies Beneath when I watched it in 2000 but I saw it again a few years ago and it was not good.

How is The Mosquito Coast? Any good? Peter Weir, Paul Schrader, and Paul Theroux, I see.

How is The Mosquito Coast? Any good? Peter Weir, Paul Schrader, and Paul Theroux, I see.

In 1986 I didn't care for it. I can't tell you anything about the movie, except there weren't really all that many mosquitos, but I have a lingering feeling of "bleh" for it.

Now in 2019 I see the names of the "not Harrison Ford" people you listed and I feel like I need to reevaluate.

Helen Mirren, River Phoenix, Andre Gregory, Martha Plimpton. Music by Maurice Jarre. I definitely need to check this out.

I remember quite a few people on this board liked Silence last year. First Reformed is a movie that plays upon similar themes and I highly recommend it.

Half-watching the Golden Globes, I think the only awards films I'd see are Bohemian Rhapsody and Blackkklansman. I've seen Black Panther and Vice and have no interest in any of the others.

Give Green Book a shot. I really enjoyed that one.

Couldn’t make it through Favourite though

I remember quite a few people on this board liked Silence last year. First Reformed is a movie that plays upon similar themes and I highly recommend it.

I feel like Chupe would dig First Reformed. Amazing movie.

I kind of have an irrational thing against Ethan Hawke, but I think I can get over it.

Watched Solo last night. Not sure why it caught so much heat - I found it to be a decently entertaining heist flick. Although Donald Glover's Billy D impression got old after a while. And the big reveal at the end was super confusing from a timeline standpoint without reading a bunch of posts on nerd blogs.

Watched Solo last night. Not sure why it caught so much heat - I found it to be a decently entertaining heist flick. Although Donald Glover's Billy D impression got old after a while. And the big reveal at the end was super confusing from a timeline standpoint without reading a bunch of posts on nerd blogs.

the answer is: people take the star wars movies way too seriously

it was a funny contrast to TLJ because people were upset that TLJ tore down a lot of their ideas for where the saga was headed. Solo was pure fan service at every point. Want to see how Han met Chewie and Lando, won the Falcon and made the Kessel Run? It's all here!

Ethan Hawke's First Reformed is p strange but enjoyable. It is secretly p funny, but the humor is so dry, deadpan and absurd you actually question if they are really meaning to be funny or not. Its free on Amazon now.

Caught Molly's Game over the weekend. It reminded me a lot of I Tonya in the sense that this is a trash person who deserves zero sympathy, but is supposed to be the protagonist of the story. That said, every scene with Chastain and Elba was electric. I'd love to see them in a Bond movie together.

Also, the costume designer clearly deserves some kind of Oscar for the amount of effort that went into making sure Chastain's rack was hanging out for the entire movie.

Back