• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

i haven't watched it since HS or so but i always thought the Animatrix collection was one of the best things to come out of that IP

it became a comic book thing after the movie, not the other way around like everything else on that thread

51YLViEdSBL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Hmmm... I'll allow it... But watch yourself, McCoy.

You’ll allow it?

it became a comic book thing after the movie, not the other way around like everything else on that thread

I feel like this is pretty common in certain properties, actually. Mr. Freeze comes to mind.

I feel like this is pretty common in certain properties, actually. Mr. Freeze comes to mind.

Mr. Freeze was in the comics for decades before the movies. He was in the old Batman show too.

Harley Quinn was original to Batman: The Animated Series and then went to the comics.

Mr. Freeze was in the comics for decades before the movies. He was in the old Batman show too.

Harley Quinn was original to Batman: The Animated Series and then went to the comics.

Yea Freeze came from the show, not the comics

I'm obviously a little late here but watched Star Wars 8 last night. My favorite part was when the girl intentionally crashed her plane into Finn's because that's a good way to save someone and, of course, they both survived. 8 made 2 and 3 seem good.

Based on Wikipedia, it’s a little complicated. The character debuted as Mr. Zero in the comics in 1959. The name was changed from Zero to Freeze on the show and became Freeze in the comics thereafter. Then his origin in the comics was changed to match his BTAS origin in the fantastic Heart of Ice episode.

Are they going to pretend Matrix 2 and 3 didn't happen when they bring back Neo and Trinity? Because I'm good with that.

did Morpheus die in 3? I can't remember at all, I just saw that one in theaters. But since he wasn't announced I wasn't sure if that's why or if Fishburne told them to fuck off.

Watched Dragged Across Concrete. Slow developing but not boring. A couple oh fuck did they just do that scenes. Enjoyed it but don’t know if I’d watch it again.

Caught TS4 over the weekend. A nice, if unnecessary story - good voice cast additions, spectacular animation, a solid amount of laughs. Feels like they tried to get the level of emotion as TS3, but couldn't quite get there.

The original TS has been in heavy cable rotation recently. It's insane how much the animation has improved in 25 years.

Rocketman was pretty clever in its use of the songs and visually appealing, but the story has been told a million times. Also wish it wouldn’t have come off like a karaoke musical. Ned Stark’s kid sounded more like Elton than the guy playing Elton did, and the version of Don’t Go Breaking My Heart that they put together for the film was cringeworthy.

It Comes at Night is tough to watch, and I mean that as a compliment. Visually great too... I can see some people being upset with a lot of the story but the dread in the movie is palpable.

Watched this. Slow burn. Dunno if I would recommend. But it was a movie I saw.

Rocketman was good, bohemian rhapsody overrated and I love rock biopics mostly. Thought star is born was better.

Woke up way too early in a hotel room this morning and turned on the TV and this was on TCM and so I watched pretty much all of it. It was good:

MV5BMTE2OWFmNDUtNzZmNy00ZjMzLTk3ZDgtMGZiYzM3Y2QzZmVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ3Njg3MQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR74,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Saw Mid90s on a flight the other day and thought it was meh. While it felt like a realistic story, it didn't have much of a plot. It felt like it wanted to be Kids but less in your face about horrible shit.

Did mid-90s have a tv in the background that was showing Wake winning the ACC basketball tourny? If so I'll watch it.

Back