• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I think I read that book too. As I recall the movie suffered from the problem of having a well known actor have a small part while at the same time there is a mystery about who the killer is...making it pretty easy to figure out who is going to end up being the killer.

Ruins the reveal in 90% of law and order episodes. "Hey, is that John Leguizamo playing the florist they just interviewed for 15 seconds? He did it."

haha we actually watched that...I got some email from Fandango or one of those sites in like January of last year with a link to watch for free and give feedback. just absolutely awful. 90% of the movie takes place in the elevator.

Holy shit that looks fucking terrible. Who in their right mind would cast Charlie Sheen in a role like that?

haha we actually watched that...I got some email from Fandango or one of those sites in like January of last year with a link to watch for free and give feedback. just absolutely awful. 90% of the movie takes place in the elevator.

Is it a continuation of his role in Wall Street ?

Also, Gina Gershon pretty hot.

Watched Battle Of The Sexes. Meh. Boring, not to mention misleading since the Bobby Riggs-BJK matchup is secondary. There was a great story in there somewhere, and they pretty much went with boring standard Hollywood and turned it into a lesbian romance movie, as if that hasn't played out in enough movies lately. Maybe if BJK's lover had been attractive I would've been into it more. Otherwise, it was pretty much a waste of time.

BAFTA Awards (British Oscars):

Supporting Actor - Rockwell
Supporting Actress - Janney
Actor- Oldman
Actress- McDormand
Director -del Toro
Picture - Three Billboards

Went and saw Black Panther last night, but not nerdy enough to post on the official thread. I enjoyed it, didn't go crazy over it.

Then went home and watched this on PBS -- pretty insightful doc on the history of HBCUs. Booker T. Washington doesn't come out too rosy. Anyway, it's available to stream if anyone is interested.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/tell-them-we-are-rising/

Went and saw Black Panther last night, but not nerdy enough to post on the official thread. I enjoyed it, didn't go crazy over it.

Then went home and watched this on PBS -- pretty insightful doc on the history of HBCUs. Booker T. Washington doesn't come out too rosy. Anyway, it's available to stream if anyone is interested.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/tell-them-we-are-rising/

Yeah, I watched that last night. Probably could have used a little commentary at the end about the future of HBCUs as many are in serious financial trouble.

Yeah, they showed some of the abandoned dilapidated buildings of Morris Brown (I think?), but agree they could have gone on into the broader issues they are facing, particularly at a legislative level and private funding. I guess they wanted to end on a positive note, but the final bits with the current students didn't seem to fit with the tone.

Back