• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 1 Thread

How do people feel if Jerry is signing Sam because he's gay? Of course he can probably offer something at a weak position, but you know Jerry wants the attention and merchandise sales.

Is that better or worse than not signing him because he's gay and could cause a distraction? (Obviously, it's worse if its because you hate gays.)

Last edited:
:squint:

Isn't that what you were just complaining about?

It doesn't matter whether people like gays or hate them. It's all about the publicity.

"And if we're not the most popular team," he says, "we're always the most hated team." Is being the most hated team the second-best thing to being the most popular team? "I think I'd trade second-most popular for ... the most hated."

Among the organization's football minds, only Jerry Jones wanted Manziel. Jones' son Stephen, the Cowboys' executive vice president in charge of player personnel, had lobbied hard against choosing Manziel -- "I'm still so damn mad at Stephen," Jerry tells me -- but Jones' younger son, Jerry Jr., told me, "I'm the head of sales and marketing -- where do you think I came down?"

This obviously just reiterates what we've always known. Jerry will go after a player that may not be the best fit(or in this case, just not a good player) just for the story. We've seen it time and time again.

TW makes Nikita a sad panda.

How do people feel if Jerry is signing Sam because he's gay? Of course he can probably offer something at a weak position, but you know Jerry wants the attention and merchandise sales.
.)

Are people really going to go out and buy Michael Sam jerseys? Especially Cowboys fans?
Do practice squad players even get assigned uniform numbers?

Are people really going to go out and buy Michael Sam jerseys? Especially Cowboys fans?

Yes. No clue. Yes.

PFT is reporting Welker took molly laced with amphetamines.

You left out at the Kentucky derby, which helps explain how fucked up he looked there while handing out wads of cash

Okay I'll be a little more blunt than this: Are ppl really going to go out and buy a guy's jersey just because he's gay? Esp if he's not on an actual roster?

What Welker should say: "I bet on some horsies, won my bet, got paid extra money as an accident, took some molly and had the time of my life. That's how I roll."

Okay I'll be a little more blunt than this: Are ppl really going to go out and buy a guy's jersey just because he's gay? Esp if he's not on an actual roster?

Well, his Rams jersey was the 7th best selling among rookies, so I think that answers your question.

That said, don't think he'll even have a Cowboy's jersey.

Well, his Rams jersey was the 7th best selling among rookies, so I think that answers your question.

That said, don't think he'll even have a Cowboy's jersey.

This and unless the NFL doesn't allow PS players to have their jerseys sold then yes he certainly will have one for sale. Also, the Cowboys do not share their revenue from merchandise sales with the rest of the NFL like the other 31 teams do. So they pocket all the profit

And we have a winner

Silly Florio, molly is an amphetamine. It wasn't laced.

My bad. I looked again. It was cut with amphetamines.

VaDeac, Randall Gay jerseys were popular for a time. There's a market.

Back