• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TSA Precheck

I guess same question on renewal. Mine is up Nov of 2022 and I think you can reapply within a year.

I guess same question on renewal. Mine is up Nov of 2022 and I think you can reapply within a year.

I applied for global entry renewal via the online portal back in like April and got some warning that was like "please reach out for expedited processing if you plan to travel in the next six months"

got my notification of renewal in like two business days

We have global entry, but got it at the very start. Not sure about wait times. Glad we have it but have not been able to use international yet.

Reviving this thread - anyone do Global Entry recently? I am considering it, but I have heard the wait times have become insanely long for approval. Not sure if it's worth starting the process now or waiting to see if the queue clears at all.

I signed up for and paid for Global entry in October of 2019 since I'd taken at least 2 international trips per year the previous few years. Since then, I've been on a plane for one round trip to NYC, so I've never gotten to use it.

Do it do it do it. Get global entry. Best money ever spent.

it's $15 more than TSA Precheck and includes it. even if you take one international flight, worth $15 right there.

I couldn't get an interview anywhere, and my application expired after like a year and a half. So now I have to pay the $100 again, and Chase won't cover it this time. But I'm supposed to take two international trips in the next 3 months, and they're supposed to let you do the interview when you get back to the U.S., so I guess I'll try that.

I posted this elsewhere, I think, but I just renewed and it was quick and easy once I figured out where to do it. I didn't remember actually applying five years before.

No interview upon renewal

I couldn't get an interview anywhere, and my application expired after like a year and a half. So now I have to pay the $100 again, and Chase won't cover it this time. But I'm supposed to take two international trips in the next 3 months, and they're supposed to let you do the interview when you get back to the U.S., so I guess I'll try that.

Pretty sure I posted above but when I got GE the spots were few and far between for the interview. when I came back from Mexico I asked at customs to do the interview because we had a two hour layover.

I renewed yesterday based on this thread. It expires 10/2022 but was able to renew within one year of expiration.

Showed that there is a 2 year amnesty because of a delay in processing times of 18-24 months.

I had let mine expire earlier this year because I wasn't flying around nearly as much for work (and because I'm cheap and lazy).

Was able to renew a couple of months ago online (well after it had expired) and it was processed in a few days.

ETA: Expired 4/26/21. Renewed 7/9/21. Processed 7/12/21.

Last edited:
I posted this elsewhere, I think, but I just renewed and it was quick and easy once I figured out where to do it. I didn't remember actually applying five years before.

No interview upon renewal

did you have to do a log of all your international trips?

I started the renewal process about 2 weeks ago (yeah, no interview availability) and there was a section asking for what countries you've visited in the past couple years. I just don't recall what the time-frame was.

I started the renewal process about 2 weeks ago (yeah, no interview availability) and there was a section asking for what countries you've visited in the past couple years. I just don't recall what the time-frame was.

It excludes Mexico and Canada.

Oh yeah, I think it just asked I list the countries I'd visited. Don't think they needed dates. Sorry, can't remember.

Still didn't do an interview. Are y'all other renewers really being asked to do another interview?

Conditionally approved. No interviews for seemingly 2 years.

Oh yeah, I think it just asked I list the countries I'd visited. Don't think they needed dates. Sorry, can't remember.

Still didn't do an interview. Are y'all other renewers really being asked to do another interview?

nope

Back