Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck yeah, Science!

I mean, I believe climate change is real, but it doesn't follow that because NASA is good at A that it's also good at B. That's, I dare say, an unscientific approach. We should judge their and others' conclusions vis-a-vis climate change on their own merits, and I - for one - find them compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDeac06 View Post
    It makes sense, but given the relative lack of traffic at the Poplar Tent and 73 intersections, seems like a waste of money, or a "let's try this somewhere it doesn't matter before doing it at Concord Mills."
    there's also one at exit 28 (catawba ave) off I77. that's a high traffic area.

I disagree with you
    witchcraft

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    witchcraft
    I believe it's satellite data. Witches fly on brooms though so maybe that's where you're going.

I disagree with you
    i don't buy into the Big Space 'orbiting robot machines' conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    I don't trust NASA. Ever since reading the climate change thread. No science agency can be trusted.
    So for you it's either (1) trust them completely as if they're the high priests of knowledge and anyone questioning them is a heretic or (2) you can't believe a word they say. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    i don't buy into the Big Space 'orbiting robot machines' conspiracy
    Too many people with too much money in Big Satellite for me to believe any of that "data."
    So now you're honing on my "big science" comments. Your choice. Big science = big religion in a lot of ways...and judging by your reactions to my comments more than I even thought. Big means power and in the end it won't be "fuck yeah, science", it'll be "fuck you, science".....but called unintended consequences by the zealots.

Just for the record, there's a huge difference between primary observable data as in that satellite pic, and the manufactured "data" that big data creates and then uses to make all sorts of claims. A huge difference.

I was making fun of you, pour. That should have been obvious. I leave the dogma to you.
    Really? I completely missed that. Gee whiz.

We can clear all this stuff up really easily. Can you state the "dogma" I supposedly believe in? I bet you're WAY off from what I actually think (hint: it's not dogmatic).

Sheikh of Smoke
    I'm just going to leave this here without comment.

http://www.sci-news.com/genetics/sci...dam-01709.html

Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here without comment.

http://www.sci-news.com/genetics/sci...dam-01709.html
    God had some long freaking days...
    Hungry

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by pourdeac View Post
    Just for the record, there's a huge difference between primary observable data as in that satellite pic, and the manufactured "data" that big data creates and then uses to make all sorts of claims. A huge difference.
    wow, thanks. that makes so much more sense. tell me more about science.

Traveling through the solar system at the speed of light. This is very cool.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6595092.html

cookout = blabbermouth?
    A couple of science bros suggesting that the Big Bang Never Happened. Pretty interesting. http://www.iflscience.com/physics/qu...spute-big-bang

Cautiously Optimistic GSOWakeFan's Avatar

So are they all signing up to die out after one generation, or are they gonna try and make babies and keep it going for a while? That Laurel chick is young enough

Quote Originally Posted by yodeacsgo View Post
    Binary scale of future Mars inhabitants

I counted about 6 female 1's.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiltdeac View Post
    So are they all signing up to die out after one generation, or are they gonna try and make babies and keep it going for a while? That Laurel chick is young enough
    Jesus fucking christ: we are sending a dukie to Mars? FUCK SCIENCE.