• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck yeah, Science!

Not sure where else to put this but wanted to share.

That's 75 foot boat.

W4vrcOp.jpg

whales freak me out, man

remember when you find the Blue Whale in the "Big Blue" level of Ecco the Dolphin? freaky

whales freak me out, man

remember when you find the Blue Whale in the "Big Blue" level of Ecco the Dolphin? freaky

Anything that can end your existence casually and by complete indifference should freak you out a little bit.

Word of the Trump election just got to them so they figure this is the best time to invade.

I just learned that all of the gold, iridium and lead in the universe was formed by a binary neutron star collision and not in supernova's as all the books I used to read said!

Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute holds total solar eclipse front seat

I wasn't aware of this place, or its history. I can't wait to visit.

In his search for land to build his scientific research and learning center, Cline came across the Rosman station, which was taken over by the Department of Defense in 1980 when the country’s space program ended. He said he tried to get the president of the University of North Carolina system to acquire the site, but was told funding was not a solid option.

Individuals can’t buy land from the government, but they can trade land for land, he said. Cline found three parcels of private land the Forest Service was leasing, including one with 7,000 feet of frontage on the French Broad River, where a developer was planning to build condos. Cline bought the pricey land and worked with Congress to trade it to the Forest Service, forever protecting the land along the river, and in turn setting up PARI.

Also, get hyped:

While partial solar eclipses occur frequently, a total solar eclipse is a rare event in which the Earth, moon and sun line up so perfectly that the moon completely obscures the sun, revealing the sun's atmosphere, or corona. It blackens its path, causing the temperature to suddenly drop, the wind to stop, and birds to stop singing.

Back