• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck yeah, Science!

Heard a podcast on geoengineering. Tapping the Earth's mantle for heat could provide limitless energy. Speaker said the technology would render energy "too cheap (abundant) to harvest."

Heard a podcast on geoengineering. Tapping the Earth's mantle for heat could provide limitless energy. Speaker said the technology would render energy "too cheap (abundant) to harvest."
Seems like that effort would be better spent on lining the moon with solar panels. Mind linking me to the podcast?

Seems like that effort would be better spent on lining the moon with solar panels. Mind linking me to the podcast?

tumblr_inline_nojo9w9rx81rbra2d_500.gif

This is science, right? Pretty cool, none the less.

There is an article in the Washington Post today (January11) about a new theory on how the moon was formed and why its composition is very similar to earth. In essence, a lot of little moons were formed and then they came together to form the current big one.

First part of the theory sounds reasonable and plausible. The second part, that all the little "moonlets" came together to form the big one still needs some significant explanation. There is no obvious reason a group of little moons should all come together. Indeed, earth would be a rarity in having a bunch of little moons come together into one. Many planets, including little "ice dwarf" Pluto have multiple moons, not one big one.

I think there needs to be more work on this one, but an interesting read.

Link to the article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rged-to-form-the-moon/?utm_term=.02d1d7fa0cd0

What if the moon were made of barbecued ribs? Would you eat it then? I know I would!

Smoosh can you take that fish picture down, that shit is giving me nightmares

No honey, we need the stripper pole, or else the fridge turns off.

Back