• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck yeah, Science!

Yes. Seems like a fool's errand considering (1) we have unsolved problems that are affecting us today and our children tomorrow and (2) the information is going to change so dramatically between now and then that these prognostications are effectively useless.

Agreed. We need to start cloning poor minority voters and illegal immigrants before we worry about dinosaurs so we can get our VOTER FRAUD on.

Freak, pigeons are really just small dinosaurs. Baby steps man. Baby steps.

200_s.gif

What do they got in there, King Kong? NOPE. It's fucking PIGEONS.

Who's starting the "Fuck you, Junebug!" thread?

DON'T FUCK WITH TOWNIE'S THREAD, YOU NEG REPPING CHUCKLEHEAD.

Or

Your mom started to but she had to stop because she was TOO BUSY EATING MY ASS.

Or

Be my guest, YOU BLOUSE WEARING POODLE WALKER.

Come to think of it, let's go with the conjunctive instead.

The scale of the universe, the scale of the distant past and future, and the ability to demonstrate theories in principle in the lab without actually observing them in situ.

First two points taken, although I think they counsel more for caution in taking theories about those topics as fact than granting science a license to speculate. As for the third, that may be right in the abstract, but I don't think it has much to do with TW's prognostications about the fate of the earth.

Back to the topic of the thread--the fact that we can control a robot on Mars that sends us pictures and can run tests on Martian soil is pretty incredible.

Also, for giving me a biological justification I can sell my wife on for wanting to touch the hiney of pretty much every girl I see.

You'd think NASA would have done a better job designing the wheels on this guy. Sucks.

1280px-MarsCuriosityRover-WornWheel-20140218.jpg

Back