• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck yeah, Science!

I mean, I believe climate change is real, but it doesn't follow that because NASA is good at A that it's also good at B. That's, I dare say, an unscientific approach. We should judge their and others' conclusions vis-a-vis climate change on their own merits, and I - for one - find them compelling.

It makes sense, but given the relative lack of traffic at the Poplar Tent and 73 intersections, seems like a waste of money, or a "let's try this somewhere it doesn't matter before doing it at Concord Mills."

there's also one at exit 28 (catawba ave) off I77. that's a high traffic area.

I don't trust NASA. Ever since reading the climate change thread. No science agency can be trusted.
So for you it's either (1) trust them completely as if they're the high priests of knowledge and anyone questioning them is a heretic or (2) you can't believe a word they say. Interesting.

i don't buy into the Big Space 'orbiting robot machines' conspiracy
Too many people with too much money in Big Satellite for me to believe any of that "data."
So now you're honing on my "big science" comments. Your choice. Big science = big religion in a lot of ways...and judging by your reactions to my comments more than I even thought. Big means power and in the end it won't be "fuck yeah, science", it'll be "fuck you, science".....but called unintended consequences by the zealots.

Just for the record, there's a huge difference between primary observable data as in that satellite pic, and the manufactured "data" that big data creates and then uses to make all sorts of claims. A huge difference.

I was making fun of you, pour. That should have been obvious. I leave the dogma to you.
Really? I completely missed that. Gee whiz.

We can clear all this stuff up really easily. Can you state the "dogma" I supposedly believe in? I bet you're WAY off from what I actually think (hint: it's not dogmatic).

Just for the record, there's a huge difference between primary observable data as in that satellite pic, and the manufactured "data" that big data creates and then uses to make all sorts of claims. A huge difference.

wow, thanks. that makes so much more sense. tell me more about science.

So are they all signing up to die out after one generation, or are they gonna try and make babies and keep it going for a while? That Laurel chick is young enough

Back