• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck yeah, Science!

The New Horizons spacecraft (my avatar) has been traveling for 15 years. It is still sending data after its flybys of Pluto, its moon Charon and Kuiper Belt object Arrokoth. It is about 4.5 billion miles from earth.

Two years ago it flew by Arrokoth on New Years Day. Where next and what next is still being decided. Data will continue to stream for quite some time. Very small bandwidth when you have only 100 watts of transmitter power to send a signal 4.5 billion miles.

Come on Fuck yeah, Sciencers, it's a big day!

Perseverance stuck the landing on Mars.

Soon there will bw the first drone flight on Mars. Atmosphere on Mars is equivalent to 100,000 feet here on earth.

Did they find Matt Damon's cell phone yet?

Gotta do a few checkout things to make sure all the parts and pieces made the trip intact. Then time to start looking for that and other signs of life.

Toured JPL a couple of years ago and saw the clean room - pretty cool to have seen a tiny bit of the mission

They didn't land on Mars. That was Mars Blackman's backyard. Next week they will be using Bruno Mars beach house.

Remember, the Moon landing was staged in Tunisia. Saying they had Moon rocks was getting the market ready for legalized pot.

I love that RJ made a joke, Blue obviously gets the joke and still #blueexplainsit.

it's pretty early so i'm guessing this won't be the case for long, but that's the funniest thing i have seen today.

The ingenuity drone has made its first flight on Mars.

SpaceX launched another batch of Starlink satellites this afternoon. Booster stuck the landing on the recovery barge. 9th successful landing for this particular booster. 82nd for SpaceX. This booster will fly again soon.

Back