• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden and "Shylock"

I love that out resident moderate took the opportunity of Biden making an anti-Semitic slur to criticize republicans.

Memories

Crazy Joe on O in 2007--he's "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

Forgot about that gem. I'll confess, I don't recall ever hearing the word shylocked.

Oh moderate RJ, never change buddy, never change.

Shylock has also been used in Mafia movies/TV shows (like Get Shorty and others) interchangably with loan shark.

Last edited:
Shylock has also been used in Mafia movies/TV shows (like Get Shorty and others) interchangably with loan shark.

Funny. I remember hearing it in The Sopranos WRT Hesh's business, but I never knew what it meant.

Do you think you would be this understanding if Paul Ryan used the term in the exact manner that Biden did?

I remember these being in the Sunday comics when I was a kid

post47.jpg

Do you think you would be this understanding if Paul Ryan used the term in the exact manner that Biden did?

Do you think you would be this understanding if Milhouse used the term? Or if he posted a picture that goes with it? Or would you throw the biggest hissy fit in the history of the boards?

Oh wait, no need to hypothesize here since that happened.

LOL. It's one of the few slurs against jews that is used in everyday life.

Fuck Joe Biden. Seriously.

Do you think you would be this understanding if Milhouse used the term? Or if he posted a picture that goes with it? Or would you throw the biggest hissy fit in the history of the boards?

Oh wait, no need to hypothesize here since that happened.

You didn't used to be this big a douche....

Why all the Biden hate? Give him a break. After all he invented the internet.

Biden is a total doofus, but Shylock is a pretty well-known term for a loan shark, so I have a hard time seeing this as too big of faux pas. It's not nearly as bad as some of his previous blunders.

Back