• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden and "Shylock"

deacdiggler

"Well known member"
Reaction score
Did I miss the thread where we ripped Biden for this comment?

Democrats are incapable of being racists. I thought we already established this.

I really wish that a Republican would have said it so we could get the outrage from everyone's favorite moderate.

That being said I think intent matters on things like this and I don't think their was any ill intent on Biden's part. Just a normal horrible choice of words by him.

I really wish that a Republican would have said it so we could get the outrage from everyone's favorite moderate.

That being said I think intent matters on things like this and I don't think their was any ill intent on Biden's part. Just a normal horrible choice of words by him.

Intent does matter and Biden is just an idiot.

“When someone as friendly to the Jewish community and open and tolerant an individual as is Vice President Joe Biden, uses the term 'Shylocked’ to describe unscrupulous moneylenders dealing with service men and women, we see once again how deeply embedded this stereotype about Jews is in society,” [Director of the Anti-Defamation League] Foxman said.

No big deal. It's not like he said something really racist like saying Gandhi ran a gas station in St Louis.

Gotta wonder if he ever read Merchant of Venice. Apparently he was a less than stellar student.

Pretty dumb, smilin Joe. I really hope no one wrote that in a speech.

I think it was a poor choice of words but an honest mistake as you have to imagine he didn't mean anything by it, but this would be a much bigger deal/scandal if it came out of the mouth of a republican than a democrat (even if the apparent intent was the same)

Back