• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

If you closely look at Jones and Tennessee recruiting- Reid might be wondering if he gets cut loose as signing day approaches....not a big leap of the imagination.

RB Kennedy McKoy (North Davidson HS / Lexington, NC) tells Rivals that N.C. State is leading UNC in his recruitment right now. He didn't mention any other schools. So it seems like Wake has some catching up to do if they want to be involved with McKoy. So many in-state RBs to follow for the 2016 class.

Darian Street "had a great talk with Wake Forest at school today. ��"

Coaches were at Independence HS in Charlotte today to see DT Christian Colon. No surprise there. Key 2016 target.

For Shaw HS in Columbus, on the Rivals board for '15 is David Whitehead. A 6' 185lbs DB. For '16, they have a big OT, Austin Hester, and a tall WR, Cameron Paulding.

Kereon Joyner ‏@Cant_StopCinco · 41m41 minutes ago
Wake forest coach came and talk to me #WakeTheNation⚡️

Dakereon Joyner Co. 2018 -Varsity Quarterback . #1 QB in Nation #6 ATH in Nation

Kereon Joyner ‏@Cant_StopCinco · 41m41 minutes ago
Wake forest coach came and talk to me #WakeTheNation⚡️

Dakereon Joyner Co. 2018 -Varsity Quarterback . #1 QB in Nation #6 ATH in Nation

14 year old (!?!) has already been offered by South Carolina. Unbelievable. He even has an early top 3! Scout article says he probably ends up as a WR.

The Honey Bear ‏@BryceEnglish34 · 25m25 minutes ago
Had a great talk today with Wake Forest!

With the increased focus on North Carolina recruiting for the 2016 class I couldn't help but notice that 5 of the top 15 players in the 2016 class have already committed and none stayed in-state. At first I thought this was evidence that UNC's recruiting had fallen off but looking back over the previous 4 years it actually looks pretty typical. On average only 4 to 5 of the Top 15 players in the state commit to in-state schools. In some respects that surprises me, in other respects maybe not. Wake trying to compete for in-state recruits with the other 3 N.C. schools is already hard enough. When you factor in that most of the Top 15 players leave the state it looks that much more difficult.

Last edited:
With the increased focus on North Carolina recruiting for the 2016 class I couldn't help but notice that 5 of the top 15 players in the 2016 class have already committed and none stayed in-state. At first I thought this was evidence that UNC's recruiting had fallen off but looking back over the previous 4 years it actually looks pretty typical. On average only 4 to 5 of the Top 15 players in the state commit to in-state schools. In some respects that surprises me, in other respects maybe not. Wake trying to compete for in-state recruits with the other 3 N.C. schools is already hard enough. When you factor in that most of the Top 15 players leave the state it looks that much more difficult.

One reason I question the strategy as opposed to dipping in deeper waters like FL.

Back