• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Kereon Joyner ‏@Cant_StopCinco · 41m41 minutes ago
Wake forest coach came and talk to me #WakeTheNation⚡️

Dakereon Joyner Co. 2018 -Varsity Quarterback . #1 QB in Nation #6 ATH in Nation

I think this belongs in the 2018 thread. 94, you wanna start it?

:D

2016 QB Austin Scott's Spartanburg team won the S.C. State Championship game at Williams-Brice this afternoon. That team is loaded beyond Scott obviously, but even still he has had a heck of a year.

I haven't been able to find out when the throwing sessions start for all the 2016 QBs but I am eager to start finding out which QBs are the priority.

3-star CB Antone Williams committed to Duke. #30 CB in the country. Wake Forest offered him in June. I didn't add him to my Board because I didn't think he was a realistic target for us. I thought he was headed to Kentucky. He is Duke's 4th commit for 2016.

Whoa.....Wake offered Thaddeus Moss today. I believe that is Randy Moss' kid.

So now we are recruiting Trent Green's son as a preferred walk on QB and Randy Moss' son as a 2016 ATH. I'm surprised that we haven't offered Tony Boselli's son (a 2016 OL) yet.

If Tony Boselli is even close in talent as his pops, he will be playing with the big boys. That guy was a beast.

2016 FB Recruiting: More Offers to RBs and WRs

So has the throwing tour begun?

Christian Colon was offered by Notre Dame. Ugh.

#WakeForest has offered big-time 2016 Norfolk (Va) Lake Taylor CB Wayne Davis @Waynedavis1_ recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c…

We've been able to confirm through sources that 2017 QB Case Weldon has NOT been offered by Wake Forest. #Toledo was his first offer.

2016 OT Robert Kraeling of Georgia has been offered by #WakeForest ... Also got #NCstate recently 247sports.com/Player/Robert-…

So has the throwing tour begun?

2016 QB Skylar Thompson was quoted saying that he threw for Wake last week so it sounds like the process is getting started. He thinks an offer might be possible sometime in the next contact period (that starts mid-January). It will be interesting to see how fast things move with the 2016 QBs.

Back