• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

The Rival site mentions that '16 targets Robert Washington and Moe Neal will also visit this Saturday. Robert, 4* #15 RB of Southlake Christian Academy, has offers from everywhere. Moe is listed as the #7 All-Purpose Back and is from Gastonia. Commits Alex Bachman, Kendall Hinton, and Garrett Wilson will be there too.

Has anybody heard about Jamauri Wakefield of Providence?

He plays with Tony Boselli's kids and last night had 303 yards on 31 carries. Apparently he is also a great student and an accomplished pianist.

Tell me more about Tony Boselli's kids.

They play at Providence which is 8-1 and their dad is one of their coaches.

Last night they routed a Mark Brunnell coached Episcopal team. Wakefield is on pace for 3,000 yards which has happened only twice in Jacksonville. Most recently it was done by current Crimson Tide running back Derrick Henry.

I looked at the recruiting sites and couldn't find anything about Wakefield.

The paper says Providence has the best offensive line in the area. I didn't realize Boselli's kids went to Providence. Providence destroyed Episcopal, who is coached by Mark Brunell. Brunell and Boselli are best friends and I guess three of their kids were on the field last night?

Yes. Brunnell's son is the QB at Episcopal. Brunnell was an assistant at Providence before being hired by Episcopal.

Wakefield got his 300 yards in 3 quarters.

A win is a distinct possibility...............
mjl.gif

I haven't seen this bad of a Wake team since Chuck Mills and no sarcasm.

Some riveting action for the recruits to watch.

Some riveting action for the recruits to watch.

Was just going to comment on the same thing..............not a good game for recruits to witness, unless they go away seeing it as a great opportunity

Back