• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford to Wake

The answer to this question should always be "the last recruit" unless we just got a 5*.

Yup. This is a good get and encouraging. But there was once a time when we expected over half our kids to be 4*s and to get the occasional 5*. But I guess baby steps.

After a decade of some pretty good success on the field and in the arena, I think it's time to admit that Chairman Ron has led a successful campaign to dilute our football and hoops products and to lower our expectations and accept said diluted product.

Yeah, McClinton, Shelton, and Haas were all ranked at the time of their commits, but I feel comfortable saying that Crawford is the best recruit we've landed since at least CMM, and probably in the past 4+ years.

Yeah, McClinton, Shelton, and Haas were all ranked at the time of their commits, but I feel comfortable saying that Crawford is the best recruit we've landed since at least CMM, and probably in the past 4+ years.

But is he as good as TYLER LEWIS?!?!??!!!

Yup. This is a good get and encouraging. But there was once a time when we expected over half our kids to be 4*s and to get the occasional 5*. But I guess baby steps.

After a decade of some pretty good success on the field and in the arena, I think it's time to admit that Chairman Ron has led a successful campaign to dilute our football and hoops products and to lower our expectations and accept said diluted product.

Don't turn this thread into negative nancy. Crawford is a very good recruit by any standard.

I am excited about the progress we are making. If we can grab either tacko or Moore I will be really excited. Also really glad to see chill make a splash. Now this time let's make sure we keep him. Can't afford another haas/rusty.

Agree--there should be at a least a 12 hour moratorium on negative talk about very good news. Then it will be okay to descend into typical WFU pathos.

really is good news. congrats to chill and manning for taking advantage of the honeymoon period and reeling in a good one.

What the crap are you talking about? I've been a Wake fan for 60 years and that's never been the case. LOWF has always and will always have trouble getting high profile recruits, no way will we ever get mostly 4 stars in basketball and definitely not football. I don't know what its going to take for you people to realize that we are destined to be the bottom feeder in the expanded ACC. Coach Manning and Coach Clawson won't even sniff the records of Dave Odom and Jim Grobe, two guys that have been villafied by the village idiots on this board. Blaming Ron Wellman is missing the fact that we are too small to compete consistently in big time college sports. I learned to accept that years ago, the sooner you morons accept the better off you'll be.

"Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
The answer to this question should always be "the last recruit" unless we just got a 5*."

Even when something good happens, some here have to look at it negatively.

Of course, you have to look at the source. Even after Ish set a frosh record for assists at Wake, PH said he was an ACC quality player. He continued with that position throughout Ish's time at Wake.

Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe PH's semi-slam means Bryant will improve so much that he'll be leaving to the NBA after a couple of years.

"Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
The answer to this question should always be "the last recruit" unless we just got a 5*."

Even when something good happens, some here have to look at it negatively.

Of course, you have to look at the source. Even after Ish set a frosh record for assists at Wake, PH said he was an ACC quality player. He continued with that position throughout Ish's time at Wake.

Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe PH's semi-slam means Bryant will improve so much that he'll be leaving to the NBA after a couple of years.

tumblr_maqgn9PwIj1rtk779o1_500.gif

It's not his ranking per se, but rather the first sign of Manning stemming the tide of awful stuff happening to the basketball program. Crawford is someone that Manning and Childress can build on for 2015 and 2016. As an example from last night, Harry Giles was tweeting at Crawford congratulating him on committing to Wake and joining "his city." It's definitely not a bad thing when a top 5 2016 recruit and huge WF target is tweeting congrats to Crawford.

Basically, I'm excited about Crawford as I love his game but I'm also excited about what his commitment means for WF Basketball in the future with other recruits and being competitive on the court.

Also, it's much more fun to get a recruit over schools like Georgetown and other actual basketball schools when compared to those schools that the last coach was competing against for recruits.

Last edited:
I don't think our expectations are diluted. We have just been through a very bad period of Wake Forest hoops and finally seeing a sign that things might be turning around is exciting.

It's not a slam on a 4* recruit to say our last recruit should always be a 4* recruit. It doesn't make any sense at all to think it is.

What the crap are you talking about? I've been a Wake fan for 60 years and that's never been the case. LOWF has always and will always have trouble getting high profile recruits, no way will we ever get mostly 4 stars in basketball and definitely not football. I don't know what its going to take for you people to realize that we are destined to be the bottom feeder in the expanded ACC. Coach Manning and Coach Clawson won't even sniff the records of Dave Odom and Jim Grobe, two guys that have been villafied by the village idiots on this board. Blaming Ron Wellman is missing the fact that we are too small to compete consistently in big time college sports. I learned to accept that years ago, the sooner you morons accept the better off you'll be.

Almost got me again. More coffee.

Even when something bad happens, some here have to look at it positively.

Of course, you have to look at the source. Even after [Redacted] set records for futility at Colorado, some here said he was an ACC quality coach. They continued with that position until the home stretch of the [Redacted] era at Wake. long beyond when most rational people had finally admitted to them self that his track record predicted all along what would happen. only then did he finally join the club... and claimed they were president and trustees all along.

FIFY. :couch:

Back