• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford to Wake

'A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.'

But keep telling yourself that lie.

12-10-2011, 09:08 PM #1
RJKarl
Tim Duncan

Indiana/Crean model for Wake?

Tom Crean (Big Ten Conference) (2008–present)

2008–09

Tom Crean

6–25

1–17

11th

––

2009–10

Tom Crean

10–21

4–14

9th

––

2010–11

Tom Crean

12-20

3-15

11th

Now 9-0 including beating #1 KY.

We'll do better in Year 3 than he did.

so... you were saying there's a chance...

Are your shoes on, though?

You will try to run away and say this isn't a slap, an insult.

Once again you show what an ignorant asshole you are. You show how you can't read and are intentionally senile in your mid-20s.

Like many other internet warriors who don't understand how high D-1 basketball works, Strickland doesn't understand that being realistic in the knowledge that you can't fire two basketball coached in two years or fire a coach then fire another after two seasons and get a decent replacement.

Understanding reality (and Ron Wellman) is beyond Strickland and others here. They pound and pout and cry to each other saying things (like paying three coaches at once) can happen. When they can't happen.

You also neglect that I posted specific targets from Season 1 that had to be met. When they weren't, I posted not only that the coach but the AD should be fired.

Acting like two year olds (or less in Strickland's case), only shows ignorance. Except two olds have an excuse, they don't know better.

so... you were saying there's a chance...

Why don't post my other posts? The ones saying if we don't win 18 games in Year 3 he should be fired and if he isn't fired within 24 hours the AD should be?

But that would show the truth. You have no interest in that.

BTW- We did do better than 12-20 and 3-15 in Year 3.....but as I posted, it wasn't good enough for him to keep his job.

This is a really weird response. Gonna leave it here. Love you, RJ.

Wait a second - does this mean that I'm no longer a millennial?

ETA: RJ's negrep - "Go fuck yourself!" - must be irony. Irish?

Last edited:
Why don't post my other posts? The ones saying if we don't win 18 games in Year 3 he should be fired and if he isn't fired within 24 hours the AD should be?

But that would show the truth. You have no interest in that.

BTW- We did do better than 12-20 and 3-15 in Year 3.....but as I posted, it wasn't good enough for him to keep his job.

have neither the time nor inclination to look for more posts of any time. that one took about 2 minutes to find. yes, you said he should be fired if he does not hit a certain mark long after it was obvious it was a terrible hire.

sorry rj. my first post was a joke. you took it way too seriously again so i... how do the kids say, rustled yo' jimmies. by finding one of your posts where you implied [Redacted] could be successful at wake. i'll stop now.

Again, Congrats to Manning and Childress on bucking on the odds and using your recruiting honeymoon period the way it should be used. to bring in top level guys prior to coaching your first game!

I'm glad to see that this predictably devolved into a thread about RJ because of RJ, just disappointed to see that it took nearly four pages to do so.

I'm glad to see this predictably devolved into a thread about RJ because of RJ, just disappointed to see that it took nearly four pages to do so.

It "devolved" because Deaconson and Strick wanted to make it about me....until they did, it was fine...but my bad, it's my fault that I exist not theirs that they took shots at me.

Easy! Let's just hope they are more successful than JT and JJ were at Wake...

After 4 years of Coach Redacted, I'll take whatever good news I can get! Just wanna feel excited about Wake BB again. Hopefully this is a first step towards that end for all of us.

Go on wit ya bad self Coach Manning!! #manntastic

To get back on track: Looking at the highlight video, is it safe to say he has a pretty similar game to Teague?

Looks like he needs to develop his left hand a little bit, but I absolutely love his style of play. Gawd, it's gonna be so refreshing when our team's talent is on par with or better than most ACC teams once again.

From what I've seen, Bryant seems to be a better passer than JT. However, JT seems stronger and as weird as his shot is, it went in from distance. They are both leaders.

It's not his ranking per se, but rather the first sign of Manning stemming the tide of awful stuff happening to the basketball program. Crawford is someone that Manning and Childress can build on for 2015 and 2016. As an example from last night, Harry Giles was tweeting at Crawford congratulating him on committing to Wake and joining "his city." It's definitely not a bad thing when a top 5 2016 recruit and huge WF target is tweeting congrats to Crawford.

Basically, I'm excited about Crawford as I love his game but I'm also excited about what his commitment means for WF Basketball in the future with other recruits and being competitive on the court.

Also, it's much more fun to get a recruit over schools like Georgetown and other actual basketball schools when compared to those schools that the last coach was competing against for recruits.

Completely agree. Sounds like a very good get. My prior comment had little to do with the signing and everything to do with the sunshine brigade who appear to be excited no matter what. I want to get back to the point where our fanbase expects to land guys like this on a regular basis and am wary of those who accept less.

Look, DM wasn't my 1st choice, but I was 1 of the earlier ones to say he'd be a pretty good hire. I was just disappointed in the process where Chairman Ron put all his eggs in the Shaka basket and neglected to speak with Marshall or Miller. But at least Ron chose a promising up and comer over a retread like Howland or the lesser small school guys like Mooney. And I was cool with DM choosing to go with his guy at PG in Wilbekin over Mitchell, though considering our scholly situation, very disappointed that he still brought in Watson. But because he's got so many ships tied up in this junior class, he's got to hit home runs with what he has available the next 2 years. This is a good start.

Back