• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford to Wake

Does this have serious meaning for Giles? I want to believe. Great get regardless!

Did we really beat UConn for a recruit? Has this ever happened before?

No, Georgetown was who we beat. UConn wasn't recruiting him.

Big time get - thought for sure he was going to GTown as the reports after his visit didn't seem that great. Now let's lock up a big (Moore, Tacko, Collins in that order of preference) and move on to landing a bunch of f*ck studs in 2016.

Sigh. I mean, that looks REALLY good. I was in the Manning camp pretty early, and one of the tent posts for me was that I thought he had a very good shot at signing Giles. Better than anyone but Smart, IMO. And we appear to be a step closer to that goal ...

Sigh. I mean, that looks REALLY good. I was in the Manning camp pretty early, and one of the tent posts for me was that I thought he had a very good shot at signing Giles. Better than anyone but Smart, IMO. And we appear to be a step closer to that goal ...

To answer your question, I think signing Crawford is the first piece of the puzzle to landing Giles. We now have a high major point guard committed to get him the ball that Giles knows, is friends with and has played with in the past. It's no longer a promise of if you commit they will come.

However, Crawford is only the first piece of that puzzle. We need Giles and Tatum to hold off committing anywhere for a good long time. The next piece will be locking down a couple of good sized bigs to man the center position. (Two of Moore,Tacko, Bennett, Izundu or a similar player should fit that requirement.) That way Giles will be free to play his natural position power forward. I also believe we need to land a few more of his friends in the 2016 class (Childress, Kwe). Dennis Smith would be a huge help in his recruitment as well but seems unlikely to commit to Wake.

If the staff can achieve enough of those, the recruiting pitch of following in Chris Paul and Josh Howard's footsteps to be king of "his city" and play with his friends in front of his family has a very good shot of working.

No, Georgetown was who we beat. UConn wasn't recruiting him.

Big time get - thought for sure he was going to GTown as the reports after his visit didn't seem that great. Now let's lock up a big (Moore, Tacko, Collins in that order of preference) and move on to landing a bunch of f*ck studs in 2016.

lets not talk about the sex lives of underage recruits.

thanks,

I wonder if this affects landing Brandon Childress for 2016.
I don't think so, it more effects the 100 guards that are currently on the roster. Whoever finds themselves on the short end of time this year will probably see that they're going to get even less next year. So probably a transfer or two from those not playing.

Shelton was top 50 when he committed and then dropped like a stone, hopefully Crawford has the opposite experience.

Shelton was top 50 when he committed and then dropped like a stone, hopefully Crawford has the opposite experience.

Crawford broke his leg as a freshman and had another injury last year that cut his season short. Now he's finally healthy and on the rise after this summer.

thats a stugotzian #hottake right there.

Back