• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dr. Zuber has passed away

True Titan of WF. Never met anyone who didn't enjoy him or his class.

I had him for a semester of U.S. history and interacted with him a few other times during my Wake years.

His class wasn't my favorite, but I really liked and respected Dr. Zuber as a person. He very gracefully blended an elite academic pedigree with a rustic, mountain-man personality. You'd never have figured him for a college professor if you met him on the street - that is until you engaged him in conversation and realized what a fine mind he had. He was a great role model for all students, but especially for kids from the rural south.

Sorry to see another of his generation go. . . . RIP, Dr. Zuber.

He was one of my favorites! I had him for a history class in 1974, so he must have taught for a long time. Wasn't he also in a bluegrass band? In any event, it is sad and may he RIP>

Took a class with him during his last semester, maybe his last class even. It was a good, not great, course. I remember he brought a guitar for our last class before the final and just sang songs to us.

Well shit. He was a good one. RIP, Dr. Zuber. I still have my Tindall/Shi books.

Back