• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

MHBDemon

Reaction score
I think (hope) there were enough people talking about HS in the video game thread to break out our own discussion. I also saw a complaint about trying to read anything from other forums being difficult. So here we are to discuss strategy and help noobs like me.

A couple questions to start us off:

• Since each card has a deck limit of 2, is there any reason not to dust any 3rd copy you get of a card?
  • Why do I seem to have 2 copies of the same card, but one is gold and the other is not? It doesn't seem like gold gives the card any other special properties, but I've noticed it disenchants for more.
  • I have 105 dust. Early on, is it better to craft a couple useful cards for beginner deck, or just save for a really great card I might need down the road?

ETA: Battletags

Deac6 (Deac#1991)
DeaconSlim2.0 (DeaconSlim #1968)
DeaconWalker (DeaconWalker#1741)
Deacsfan27 (Deacsfan27#1968)
Dot com (owook#1737)
Eagles_Legendz (Dhaemon#1288)
HailToTheDeacons (HTTD#1449)
Knight (Knight#11615) ???
MHBDemon (Jam#1367)
redwing42 (redwing42#1379)
Screamindemon3 (LawsonMC90#1947)
TexasDeac10 (Ampersand#1527)
Wakeforest22890 (Numbers22890#1512)

Last edited:
I think (hope) there were enough people talking about HS in the video game thread to break out our own discussion. I also saw a complaint about trying to read anything from other forums being difficult. So here we are to discuss strategy and help noobs like me.

A couple questions to start us off:

• Since each card has a deck limit of 2, is there any reason not to dust any 3rd copy you get of a card?
  • Why do I seem to have 2 copies of the same card, but one is gold and the other is not? It doesn't seem like gold gives the card any other special properties, but I've noticed it disenchants for more.
  • I have 105 dust. Early on, is it better to craft a couple useful cards for beginner deck, or just save for a really great card I might need down the road?

1. Nope, go ahead and dust it.
2. The gold cards are just rare/special in that they look pretty but don't offer any playing benefit. So if you don't care about aesthetics/etc you can DE them if you're hurting for cards early. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that one.
3. I think it's better to go ahead and build cards you need early, the sooner you can put together decent decks the better.

Re: #2, Cookout is right. They're just pretty cards, but create a lot more dust.

I'd recommend crafting useful cards immediately. There are neutral common cards (cost 40 dust each) that are good in almost any deck like Harvest Golem, Loot Hoarder, Argent Squire, and Leper Gnome to name a few. Then I'd get Azure Drake and Argent Commander (100 dust each) and any good class specific commons/rares. These cards will make you more competitive immediately, which will lead to easier wins and more gold/dust down the road.

So I have 2 scarlet crusaders (3,1, divine shield), one gold the other not. While it seems, and I've read, that she is a pretty good card, it also might be overkill to have 2 in a deck. Should I dust the gold one?

I tried playing as the Hunter post-starving buzzard nerf, and man the Hunter sucks - there is simply zero card draw ability now. Tracking and flare just don't cut the mustard and unleash the hounds has limited utility unless you can pair it with a scavenging hyena and/or timber wolf.

So I have 2 scarlet crusaders (3,1, divine shield), one gold the other not. While it seems, and I've read, that she is a pretty good card, it also might be overkill to have 2 in a deck. Should I dust the gold one?

I would dust it, yes. She is a pretty good card, but I'm in the camp of dusting your gold cards so that you can make something you don't have.

Even if you still want two: dust the gold one (for 50), create a new one (for 40), and keep the 10 extra dust.

What in the great world fuck is this? I opened this thinking it would be about fireplaces. Forever unclean.

I got a Leeroy Jenkins the day it was nerfed, but it stills seems like a really strong card. Should I continue to build decks around him, using low cost cards that add attack, like cold blood, or card that pulls him back like shadowstep? Or should I be building more well rounded decks that don't rely on that specific strategy?

I haven't played as much since the Naxxramas expansion came out. 700 gold is just way too much to save up to purchase the thing, and I won't spring for the $20 (yet) on principal. It's just frustrating to constantly play people with jacked decks as soon as I get past rank 15 or so.

ITT: Jealous olds realizing that you can be a nerd now and still be attractive to women.

I haven't played as much since the Naxxramas expansion came out. 700 gold is just way too much to save up to purchase the thing, and I won't spring for the $20 (yet) on principal. It's just frustrating to constantly play people with jacked decks as soon as I get past rank 15 or so.

I gladly spent my $20, for the untold hours I've put into it, it's easily worth it to me. The cards are very useful, I use them in every deck, but the boss battles are just fun. All that gold is better spent on opening new cards, IMO.

The more I read this thread the less I think I know about wtf is being discussed.

Role Players: Hey, at least we're not into Fantasy Sports!!

48854_danddtouchmagic.jpg

Back