Page 16 of 241 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

so when you have mistress of pain and auchenai out, and your mistress does damage to a character, it tries to heal your hero, but with auchenai you do damage. It continues on a loop until you die the same turn.

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    so when you have mistress of pain and auchenai out, and your mistress does damage to a character, it tries to heal your hero, but with auchenai you do damage. It continues on a loop until you die the same turn.
    Yeah, that'd definitely be an "Oops" moment. I didn't have them out at the same time, though.

Having the 3/6 Mistress as a Priest was nuts, though. Just keep clearing most Warlock demons and healing it back up.

I played one game last night where my iron juggernaut mine exploded and dealt 10 damage to face.

Seems to be a very valuable play against handlock.

Yeah, there are tons of cards that specifically work against the meta. I picked a couple rare minions with a battlecry that "steals" an opponent's secret, which I'm pretty stoked about. Secrets decks are so annoying to play against.

-------------------------
    Has that been confirmed that it would loop like that?

Wouldn't it just heal if you attack with it, not with the heal side effect?

SHD mentioned stumbling on this thread in the CT. He's totally a Lorewalker Cho.

yeah, i think it was confirmed that it wasnt a bug. The problem is that you aren't "healing" but doing damage to your own face with auchenai out. So then it is saying mistress is doing damage to a character again, and it just cycles.

That situation would be rare though since Mistress of Pain is a Warlock card and Auchenai Soupriest is a Priest card.

Almost every priest deck has multiple ways of stealing minions, though. Cabal, thought steal, mind control, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post
    Almost every priest deck has multiple ways of stealing minions, though. Cabal, thought steal, mind control, etc.
    Ah yes, forgot about Cabal.

Was thinking of ThoughtSteal and Mind Control. Good point.

Also, Mindgames, Shadow Madness, and Mind Vision.

Can you tell I don't play Priest that much?

I have all those cards. Give me all your minions.

I played Priest some this weekend. It's annoying to play against and therefore fun to play. Opponent doesn't know what you thoughtsteal. Always has to play around mind control.

I have a great anti-priest Druid deck - anecdotally, it feels like it wins 100% of the time. Whenever I see Anduin across the table, I laugh maniacally.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post
    I have a great anti-priest Druid deck - anecdotally, it feels like it wins 100% of the time. Whenever I see Anduin across the table, I laugh maniacally.
    You're a weird dude, then.

I played Priest some this weekend. It's annoying to play against and therefore fun to play. Opponent doesn't know what you thoughtsteal. Always has to play around mind control.
    Definitely fun to play and long games. Takes a while to get the feel for how much damage you can take early on with holy fire and lesser heal towards the end game. I'm going to try to get another Velen's Spell or whatever today to add to my deck and see how it works. Need one paladin win to go on an arena run woot woot.

Key to countering priest is all 4 attack minions which makes druid and handlock strong. I always feel confident with those matchups. Not sure how it will change with meta changes.

I lose to a rush deck almost every time I have a priest unless I get a Soulpriest + Circle of Healing combo or a holy nova early on. I never ever mulligan one of those three cards from the get-go.

found this:

It's a deck strategy deriving from Magic The Gathering. Milling means removing cards from your opponents deck so that he reaches fatigue damage faster. In MTG, fatigue damage means instant death. It's called milling because of the iconic card used way back in MTG. In hearthstone however it's a little less dramatic, but then again in hearthstone there's only 30 cards in a deck, compared to MTG where it's twice that amount.