Page 5 of 241 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

-------------------------
    Can someone explain Wild Growth? 2 Mana Crystals to gain a crystal doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't remember all the details, but I think I lost on turn 4 to a murloc deck over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSlim2.0 View Post
    Can someone explain Wild Growth? 2 Mana Crystals to gain a crystal doesn't make much sense to me.
    I haven't played much druid, but I think the idea is to get to the end game big turns as quickly as you can. So if you wild growth, and have an innervate in hand, you can play a 7 mana minion on turn 4 or an 8 mana minion on turn 5.

You are right that there is an opportunity cost that has to be factored of a lost card in the deck and using 2 mana early.

Sorry I keep editing:

ETA: But if you wild growth on turn 2, you spend 2 mana, but you get 7 extra mana on turns 3-9.
    Last edited by MHBDemon; 10-27-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSlim2.0 View Post
    I have a similarly hard time understanding shaman decks and the overload penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    I don't remember all the details, but I think I lost on turn 4 to a murloc deck over the weekend.
    Lol that escalated quickly I'm sure.
    Mother So Dear '12

Wait, so Wild Growth adds 1 crystal to your Mana total permanently?

The way it's worded confused me I guess. I assumed it meant you get back one of the crystals you spent. I couldn't wrap my head around spending 2, then getting 1 back.

I've been playing Rogue with Defias Ringleader and mulliganing to get him on the coin.

That is a pretty good start with 2/2 and 2/1 on turn 1.

Yeah you gain one crystal the rest of the game.

Coin+innervate+yeti is one of the better starts you can have
    Mother So Dear '12

Opened a black knight yesterday. woot. also got 1 of the preparations i needed.

What neutral cards do you guys include in pretty much any deck you build?

Shield master, yeti, harvest golem

Typical neutrals I use in my decks (only commons and rares) -

Great 1 mana drops: Argent Squire, Worgen Infiltrator
    For card drawing: Azure Drake (and spell power), Novice Engineer, Loot Hoarder, Acolyte of Pain, Gnomish Inventor
    Silence: Ironbeak Owl
    Taunt: Sludge Belcher, Defender of Argus, Sunwalker
    Great value cards: Chillwind Yeti, Harvest Golem
    Other: Argent Commander, Faerie Dragon

Of the epic & legendary cards:

Faceless Manipulator, Bloodmage Thalnos, Loatheb and Ysera work in almost every deck.
    Last edited by HailToTheDeacons; 10-28-2014 at 11:55 AM.

I don't run Defender of Argus, but I see it a ton right now. It can be a pest to deal with.

Does anyone play Warrior deck with Gorehowl? the way the description reads, the weapon starts at 7 attack, then decreases by 1 attack until 0 and doesnt lose durability until that time. Am I reading that correctly?

That is 28 damage.

Robert O'Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Does anyone play Warrior deck with Gorehowl? the way the description reads, the weapon starts at 7 attack, then decreases by 1 attack until 0 and doesnt lose durability until that time. Am I reading that correctly?

That is 28 damage.
    Right. As long as you're attacking minions. If you go to the face with it, it's gone.

Can add up though hitting minions.

Yea...presumably you'd want the 7-6-5 damage and beyond for higher minions, those usually carry higher damage so you'd be punishing yourself. But the hero power should help with that.

That makes more sense. Would be OP if you could just hit face for 7,6,5...

I guess it would be best used for taunt minions that are 3,6 or similar so you are removing but not taking damage. Or to use against larger minions with some hero power defense.
    Last edited by MHBDemon; 10-28-2014 at 01:52 PM.

I'd like to acquire a Doomhammer for my Shaman as well as an Earth Elemental but I feel like if I had a Doomhammer I would need to get some sort of recovery ability or increase the taunts/bursts. I suppose I could always add another lava burst but that's a big overload commitment