• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Can someone explain Wild Growth? 2 Mana Crystals to gain a crystal doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't remember all the details, but I think I lost on turn 4 to a murloc deck over the weekend.

Can someone explain Wild Growth? 2 Mana Crystals to gain a crystal doesn't make much sense to me.

I haven't played much druid, but I think the idea is to get to the end game big turns as quickly as you can. So if you wild growth, and have an innervate in hand, you can play a 7 mana minion on turn 4 or an 8 mana minion on turn 5.

You are right that there is an opportunity cost that has to be factored of a lost card in the deck and using 2 mana early.

Sorry I keep editing:

ETA: But if you wild growth on turn 2, you spend 2 mana, but you get 7 extra mana on turns 3-9.

Last edited:
Wait, so Wild Growth adds 1 crystal to your Mana total permanently?

The way it's worded confused me I guess. I assumed it meant you get back one of the crystals you spent. I couldn't wrap my head around spending 2, then getting 1 back.

I've been playing Rogue with Defias Ringleader and mulliganing to get him on the coin.

That is a pretty good start with 2/2 and 2/1 on turn 1.

Opened a black knight yesterday. woot. also got 1 of the preparations i needed.

What neutral cards do you guys include in pretty much any deck you build?

Typical neutrals I use in my decks (only commons and rares) -

Great 1 mana drops: Argent Squire, Worgen Infiltrator
For card drawing: Azure Drake (and spell power), Novice Engineer, Loot Hoarder, Acolyte of Pain, Gnomish Inventor
Silence: Ironbeak Owl
Taunt: Sludge Belcher, Defender of Argus, Sunwalker
Great value cards: Chillwind Yeti, Harvest Golem
Other: Argent Commander, Faerie Dragon

Of the epic & legendary cards:

Faceless Manipulator, Bloodmage Thalnos, Loatheb and Ysera work in almost every deck.

Last edited:
I don't run Defender of Argus, but I see it a ton right now. It can be a pest to deal with.

Does anyone play Warrior deck with Gorehowl? the way the description reads, the weapon starts at 7 attack, then decreases by 1 attack until 0 and doesnt lose durability until that time. Am I reading that correctly?

That is 28 damage.

Does anyone play Warrior deck with Gorehowl? the way the description reads, the weapon starts at 7 attack, then decreases by 1 attack until 0 and doesnt lose durability until that time. Am I reading that correctly?

That is 28 damage.

Right. As long as you're attacking minions. If you go to the face with it, it's gone.

Yea...presumably you'd want the 7-6-5 damage and beyond for higher minions, those usually carry higher damage so you'd be punishing yourself. But the hero power should help with that.

That makes more sense. Would be OP if you could just hit face for 7,6,5...

I guess it would be best used for taunt minions that are 3,6 or similar so you are removing but not taking damage. Or to use against larger minions with some hero power defense.

Last edited:
I'd like to acquire a Doomhammer for my Shaman as well as an Earth Elemental but I feel like if I had a Doomhammer I would need to get some sort of recovery ability or increase the taunts/bursts. I suppose I could always add another lava burst but that's a big overload commitment

Back