• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

GvG cards seems to be coming out faster and rumors of a Dec. 1st rollout. I'm excited for all the new cards, just hope we don't have to wait until mid-december.

These are going to be cards that mix in with your current cards right? So people will have decks with a mixture of regular cards and GvG cards?

Yeah, you can use any cards in your decks. Just like addition of naxx cards.

You will just buy the old packs and GvG packs separately, both 100 a pack.

All of the GvG cards seem to be stronger on a per-mana basis than regular cards. Might be good to buy some packs right out of the gate in case a handful get nerfed.

I had a Warlock down to 10 health, I had 28.

I had 4 minions on the board on Turn 5, he had 2, one of which was a Knife Juggler. I took him down to 3 health with my 4 minions and then went to throw out Leeroy Jenkins to finish him off, and of course the two 1/1 Whelps that are summoned get the juggler to hit Leeroy twice before I can play him. I have to end my turn, he summons more Murlocs to buff his one on the board and then tops it off with Old Murk-Eye who has Charge and 8 Attack now (meanwhile Knife Juggler kills my remaining guys) and at the end of his turn I'm down to 4 health with Leper Gnome in my hand. Luckily I top deck a "Hammer of Wrath: Deal 3 Damage, Draw a Card" to win, but that was a huge turnaround in 1 play.

I don't think I've ever seen a Lorewalker Cho used.

And I just pulled one. Couldn't I get ANY OTHER legendary?

I have seen him used pretty successfully in a couple Rogue decks that focus on ridiculous card draw ability & weapon spells.

I've been playing a lot of rogue and it's tricky. Couple times I've mistakenly gotten 2 auctioneers out and drawn too many cards before I could do lethal damage.

I have an easier time saving dust than gold, but I'm going to try to save gold for GvG release.

When is the release?

I had been saving gold until I bought the Lorewalker Cho pack.

Just speculation at this point, but I think it will be in the next couple weeks. Gonna try my best to save gold starting yesterday.

I just summoned some magic cards I had at my moms house.

yeah. I collected them growing up but never really played the game except at neighbor's house. Didnt really know what I was doing.

Is there a free resource to look up their value?

Last edited:
Soulfire now costs 1 (up from 0)
Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.

Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 (up from 5)
Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.

Flare now costs 2 (up from 1)
Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against decks playing Secrets, but will be weaker against other decks

Not happy about auctioneer nerf.

Poor Hunter. Two straight nerfs to the face.

I think the Soulfire one is on the money.

The meta is going to shift so hard. These four cards especially caught my eye:

635527743805868619.png

635519963606158896.png

635526028802587921.png

635509670351058353.png

I think the V-07-TR-ON is only summoned if you play another mech card with 3 or more mech cards on the board. So it might be difficult to run, like the Stalaag/Feugen combo.

I dont understand nerfing auctioneer when miracle druid and miracle rogue aren't any stronger than zoolock, handlock, hunter, druid, or priest. They are fun decks to play, but its not like they are dominating the meta and tournaments.

I think the problem was that Miracle Rogue became the only Rogue deck that anyone used.

Back