• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Things have been slow lately so I decided to work on golden heroes. I played wild yesterday and was able to grind out golden mage (and diamond 7), then switched to shaman today and hit wild legend for the first time. These two decks are really, really good -- the climb went so fast I still have about 30 wins to go for golden

8M0MMTA.png

1PdVSyD.png

ea5CgPK.png

Last edited:
I gravitate toward Wild near the end of expansion cycles when Standard gets stale. I tried climbing the old version of ladder with even shaman back when it had the jade package but I ran out of time in the month. Kingsbane/mill rogue is my favorite deck of all time so it's fun to load that up sometimes.

In my experience wild has always been much more diverse than standard. I've never experienced an oppressive meta but maybe that's just luck of when I've been playing.

It can be kinda polarizing since every deck is refined and cards are all strong. Most decks can do stuff you simply can't win against, and there's so many cards it's hard to play around all the possibilities. Did that guy have Reno on 6 (or Reno/Zola on 8)? Did that voidcaller just pull a voidlord into a cube into dark pact? Did that druid just play 20 cards and kill me from 30 with malygos? Sometimes you just lose, so it usually seems best to just push your game plan over playing around theirs and put them on the wrong end of that situation.

The only thing I don't like about wild is the decks you hated never went away, they just want to wild. Barnes still exists. I loathe "big" decks. I played a shaman whose deck was cheating out walking fountain and resurrecting it over and over. Lame. I also hate Raza priest.

But overall wild is cool.

RsUh3cq.png

Early legend this month, in the top 150...

Anyone excited for the new expansion?

Let's go! Very nice work.

I think this is the best designed expansion, perhaps ever. So many novel designs, unique effects, and a seemingly insane power level.

And this comes on the tails of releasing Demon Hunter, which Blizzard ensured would have a huge splash (super interesting and overpowered). Year of the Phoenix, indeed - Hearthstone is being reborn. I wonder what the new game mode will be...

I'm pretty lukewarm in terms of excitement for the expansion. Usually there are a few cards that I can't wait to try, but I can't really think of any that are making me feel that way this time.

I'm pretty lukewarm in terms of excitement for the expansion. Usually there are a few cards that I can't wait to try, but I can't really think of any that are making me feel that way this time.

I think this explains it. Here's Vicious Syndicate's Scholomance set rankings by class and my ranked wins with each in parentheses.

1. Warlock (147)
2. Druid (124)
3. Demon Hunter (3)
4. Paladin (245)
5. Warrior (301)
6. Rogue (333)
7. Mage (53)
8. Shaman (118)
9. Priest (276)
10. Hunter (1602)

In general, the classes I like to play with got worse cards than the classes I don't like to play with. And, even worse, my favorite class by far got the worst cards of the set.

Yeah I honestly wasn't too excited until reading through the VS article last night. Hoping zoo and control warlock are both fun. DH looks like it's going to be insane again. And that 2 mana priest legendary looks like an easy candidate for most upsetting card in standard

rawarr what are your thoughts on the new Even Shaman potentials (Lightning Bloom, Diligent Notetaker, Trick Totem, and Runic Carvings)?

rawarr what are your thoughts on the new Even Shaman potentials (Lightning Bloom, Diligent Notetaker, Trick Totem, and Runic Carvings)?

I was actually stoked for totem shaman in standard but after a few good games I started getting smoked.

Notetaker combos extremely well with Totemic Reflections (3 mana). It also combos great with Lightning Bloom if you're cool locking out your next turn.

Trick Totem's first spell for me was Plague of Flames, killing itself.

Runic Carvings seems good for the quick reload/comeback but might be a little expensive in wild even shaman.

Hard to see lightning bloom not being in the deck in it's current form. Getting out squallshapers or faceless or multiple totem combos is really strong.

If you're looking for complete RNG clown fiesta fun, this deck is amazing. It's random like spell mage from last set but on steroids.

### tempo
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Missiles
# 1x (1) Evocation
# 2x (1) Lab Partner
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (1) Violet Spellwing
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Chenvaala
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 1x (5) Mozaki, Master Duelist
# 2x (8) Mana Giant
#
AAECAf0EBPisA8W4A427A5LLAw2rBLQE5gSfmwPimwP/nQP7rAP9rAP4zAOFzQPNzgOk0QP30QMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last edited:
I'll be interested to see the meta data on Trick Totem. So far, it's been mostly good for me. More secrets and card-draw than anything else; however, I had a Breath of the Infinite wreck my plans and a couple 'do nothing' results. I really like that it has 3 health instead of 2 you see on EVIL Totem, for example.

Lightning Bloom and Notetaker seem very strong. Doubling up on a zero mana totem spell, or getting another crackle is really good.

Lightning bloom is ridiculous in druid. It’s almost certainly gonna get nerfed.

I'll be interested to see the meta data on Trick Totem. So far, it's been mostly good for me. More secrets and card-draw than anything else; however, I had a Breath of the Infinite wreck my plans and a couple 'do nothing' results. I really like that it has 3 health instead of 2 you see on EVIL Totem, for example.

Lightning Bloom and Notetaker seem very strong. Doubling up on a zero mana totem spell, or getting another crackle is really good.

This is from reddit a few days back:

fmmisa5w37f51.png

I think it might have a spot in standard totem shaman but I don't think I would ever run a card that could potentially wipe my own board in wild, even with the opportunity for high rolls.

I'm pretty sure the second to last guy was legend and could see I was Diamond 1. I got his health really low but then he came back to almost beat me. Sitting on 7 health on his last turn, he could have cleared two 3/3s to save 6 face damage, but he chose to leave them up. With the hunter hero power, that's game. He gave me a "hello" emote, so I'm guessing he let me win.

The last guy might have been my favorite game of the entire set. Classic face hunter. He was playing shaman and I was on the coin. Here are the turns:

Turn 1 him: pass
Turn 1 me: Intrepid Initiate, Coin, Adorable Infestation. Leaving a 4/3 and 1/1.

Turn 2 him: Guardian Augmerchant to kill the 1/1. Storm's Wraith to buff his Augmerchant to 2/2.
Turn 2 me: Tour Guide for a free hero power. Dwarven Sharpshooter. Hero Power to kill his Augmerchant. Initiate goes 4 to his face.

He concedes.

After 6 FTP years, I’ve finally scaled the Classic Set mountain. The view is not great.

hReAEd9.jpg

Thanks!

And yeah, 100 gold seems like an insult. It would probably feel better to give you nothing.

BG MMR* is finally resetting when the next patch is released.

*The visible MMR. There's still a background MMR that influences the gains and losses.

Back