• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Been getting back into BG more. What are people’s thoughts on new heroes? Elementals? Do you have a go to strategy?

Rag is really good. Al'Akir is pretty good too. The other two are pretty meh.

Elementals are pretty op right now and are probably going to get hit with a nerf hammer. Most high level elemental comps involve just buying every elemental you can and playing it either with Nomi or Little Rag.

What's a good MMR these days? I've caught the bug, and I've started playing BG again.

Depends on who you ask honestly. It's a lot easier to maintain a solid mmr since they changed it so you can't fall below your closest 500 score. So your mmr is more a reflection of how much you play than how good you are. I'd say 6 to 7k is probably good.

I’ve been flirting close to 6000 but then fall back to 5500. I think a couple Ragnaros runs stringed together can bump me to 6k.

Aranna is pretty interesting if elementals are in the game. You can stay on Tier 2 for a half-dozen turns and just spam elementals (with the help of the HP) to a T4 finish.

QeF0NpE.png

Also, I'm pretty proud of this Goldgrubber:

pGr4Gvv.png

Pirates are almost unplayable now. And poisonous is just OP. Too many endgame comps are a mix of poisonous murlocs / spore, selfless hero, and baron riverdare. I had a great elemental game I ended up finishing 2nd in because I was up against al'akir with golden parrot, selfless hero, baron, and everything else poisonous.

I get that those comps can be annoying but it’s really the only thing that can counter elementals.

decklist? ive been wanting to try something different than BG.

I've been wanting to try wild, but I didn't start playing hearthstone until Journey to U. Are there a lot of wild cards that are commonly used from sets before that one?

Also, what are the best resources for finding decks, win rates, etc. for wild?

decklist? ive been wanting to try something different than BG.

### Even Steven
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Totemic Might
# 2x (0) Totemic Surge
# 2x (2) Crackle
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Diligent Notetaker
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Murkspark Eel
# 2x (2) Totem Golem
# 2x (4) Draenei Totemcarver
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (6) The Storm Bringer
# 2x (6) Thing from Below
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAEBAZnDAwLN9AKh+AIO0wG+BtYPshS1FPuqAqC2Ava9ApTvAp2jA9qlA/mlA+HMA/vOAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I like this archetype because it can carry against most things - the Wild meta is extensive and unpredictable, and Even Shaman can rush against Control/Combo, or control the board against aggressive/flood decks. I try to focus on playing 'my game' and not worry too much about individual matchups.

That said, the reason this isn't a Tier 1 deck is because it's very difficult (but not impossible) to steal games against Raza Priest, the closest thing to a prevalent deck in Wild. You've got a fair, or even favorable, shot at almost everything else.

I've been wanting to try wild, but I didn't start playing hearthstone until Journey to U. Are there a lot of wild cards that are commonly used from sets before that one?

Also, what are the best resources for finding decks, win rates, etc. for wild?

There are definitely some - I think there are 8 Wild sets that came before Ungoro? For a brief example, I've highlighted those cards above. In general, Wild is cheaper to play than Standard because very rarely do you need [m]any of the newest cards, but that also assumes a healthy historical collection. So you may need to spend some dust.

Some resources:

Tempo Storm Wild Meta Snapshot

Wild Reddit

HS Replay has rankings for Wild with some deck ideas (but not nearly as much info as Standard)

New mode: pvp dungeon run style

This might belong in the unpopular opinions thread but my initial reaction is, "meh"

Yeah dude I felt the opposite when I heard it, sounded really fun.

First impression of the "early access" is super meh. A ton of stuff is gated/locked so I guess there is still potential but yeah way less fun than I expected.

Agreed. I was pumped, but, because so much stuff is locked, it really pushes only one or two archetypes for each class right now. It would be a lot more fun if they opened it up a bit more.

FYI:

From October 28 at 10:00 a.m. PT to November 11 at 11:00 p.m. PT, we’ll also be giving away Duels: Early Access to 500 random viewers every hour, across the entire Hearthstone category on Twitch! Watch any Hearthstone stream to be eligible to receive a drop, so long as your Battle.net and Twitch accounts are linked.

I'm hoping to get early-ish access with this.

couple first place BG runs and my MMR is 7149. Think its a personal high.

Back