• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I know we’ve talked about game mode cycles before - I’m 100% back into BG. So much so that I get annoyed when I can’t complete a quest playing only BG.

However, I did finally hit 500 wins with Hunter, giving me all 9 original golden portraits. Only took 7 years :eek:

I've been playing since 2016 or 2017. I still only have one golden portrait.

With this being filed, you've gotta wonder how many stories that people have thought were one-offs will now come to light. There could be some serious shakeups over there.

*forrest gump voice*
“Well…i guess I’ll uninstall now”

i legit almost bumped this the other day because i somehow got pulled into MTG arena (after not playing MTG for a few years, and not really playing it in about a decade) a few weeks ago

so thanks, bbd, for allowing me the space to admit that to all of you

I haven't seen much about it, but the Uncle Ben card cracks me up.

So far the monetization is really chill for a free to play game. Games have a good pace and there’s a good mix of skill and randomness. Guessing they’ll eventually add more pay to win stuff and it’ll get shittier but for now it’s great.

i legit almost bumped this the other day because i somehow got pulled into MTG arena (after not playing MTG for a few years, and not really playing it in about a decade) a few weeks ago

so thanks, bbd, for allowing me the space to admit that to all of you

One of my kids got me in to this over the summer, but it’s faded a bit.

Re: Marvel Snap

i’ve been playing a deck with a lot of discard/destroy mechanics, and it is a ton of fun. So chaotic. Especially with the Cloning Vat as the featured location. This game is fun AF.

Anyone still playing? I haven’t played in ages but kinda getting the itch. Problem is i don’t have a computer that can run it right now.

I quit about a year ago. I'm a firm believe that if I'm at full health and you have nothing on board at the start of your turn, you shouldn't be able to kill me and there was way too much of that going around. Did the battlegrounds thing for a while but anomalies just weren't fun and I haven't been back since.

I gave Marvel Snap a go last night for a bit before the Wake game.

I kinda like that it's similar to Gwent where you have to win 2/3 locations to win the match. Really quick games too. Will dive in a bit more and see if it's something I want to keep playing.

I used to be a serious hearthstone player, but switched to Marvel Snap after its global release about a year and a half ago. I've been playing it ever since and don't miss hearthstone.

As you noted, it has much faster games on average and, perhaps just as importantly, it doesn't have a huge variance in game lengths. Every so often, in hearthstone, you would queue against like control warrior or priest and end up sucked into a 30 minute game. That never happens in Marvel Snap.

Essentially, it offers the same strategic depth as hearthstone and doesn't take as long to play. Plus, once you play a game with the snapping mechanic for a while, you wonder why all games don't have it.

I also used to play HS a lot. In some ways modern iterations have been more polished with better response rate to outliers, nerfs buffs etc. but overall the magic is just gone for me. The game feels like its sole purpose is to extract money from you or push you into one of the several game modes they’ve crammed into the client that aren’t really that related to what made HS great in the first place.

There needed to be more attention to the card game mode to make up for some of the truly insane cards and classes and combos that have come out over the years. Ladder rework was good but formats took too long and still haven’t been super fleshed out and no tournament mode seem like huge missed opportunities to me.

Anyone still playing? I haven’t played in ages but kinda getting the itch. Problem is i don’t have a computer that can run it right now.

I quit cold turkey 3 years ago, and don't have any plans to return. I was spending too much time grinding Legend, to the detriment of RL. And anyway, I've recently picked up an old gaming hobby in Hattrick (@WFU03).

I do miss BG, though! I was able to replace my affinity for Dungeon Runs with Slay the Spire.

Last edited:
Back