• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Between Iron Juggernaut and bouncing blade, Control Warrior is going to be so dominant. They are going to have to nerf Iron Jugg.

bouncing-blade.png

I crafted Grommash and 2nd shield slam last night, so that I could complete current control warrior deck and make sure its ready for expansion.

Tree of Life does look stupid, but it would provide a win condition in late game if you have more cards than opponent and you are going to fatigue.

I don't understand that Bouncing Blade language. So it just kills a random minion when you play the card?

I don't understand that Bouncing Blade language. So it just kills a random minion when you play the card?

I guess it would work with cards that activate when a minion is damaged. Things like Acolyte of Pain and such would activate multiple times, instead of just once.

Yea I was confused too. That's what it sounds like, but reading on it, it seems like it deals 1 damage per turn until a minion eventually dies. And it can hit your own minions too.

ETA: No, it seems like it is a RNG random minion gets dealt 1 damage, then another random minion, then another until one dies.

My interpretation:
1) The blade will do one damage to a random minion.
2) If that minion dies, the card is done.
3) If it doesn't die, step one is repeated until step two is fulfilled.

As redwing mentioned this will mesh great with acolytes, enrage minions, etc. But will also be great when your opponent has full control of the board.

Yea per the wiki I read, it will attack a random minion 1 damage at a time, choosing a new random minion after each 1 damage until 1 minion dies.

A very interesting card.

So if there are a variety of 1 health cards, it might not be a good play. But if your opponent has 2 8/8 Giants out, and you have no minions, the play will end with 1 Giant dead and 1 Giant at 8/1

Yea per the wiki I read, it will attack a random minion 1 damage at a time, choosing a new random minion after each 1 damage until 1 minion dies.

A very interesting card.

So if there are a variety of 1 health cards, it might not be a good play. But if your opponent has 2 8/8 Giants out, and you have no minions, the play will end with 1 Giant dead and 1 Giant at 8/1

I would assume it can hit a minion back to back when choosing randomly... also you'd have to take into account your minions too right?

Yes to both....my example COULD end the way I said. Though that was the example the wiki gave.

A very interesting card.

Yeah, so it would end with one giant dead, but the other could be 8/(1-8) depending on the randomness.

My question is how long will it take to work through a big board and will that count against your turn time? If you want to play blade on a big board and then a minion once the blade is done, will you have time?

So I had a nightmare that my wife was divorcing me, and I think it was because of having my MTG cards mailed to me.

How am I so bad at Arena?

I've never gotten more than 1 win.

2 of the 3 losses this last time I had them down to <5 health and I had over 25 and they still won. They pulled just the right minion every time and would load their board up.

Please link me to additional Hearthstone forum content. This is awesome.

i am ungood at hearthstone, and don't have hardly any good cards above basic. but somehow, playing a basic Warrior deck, I just managed to beat a dude playing Warlock with I don't know how many Legendaries. He had 8 or 9 cards in his hand the whole game, and I had usually 3, and somehow I always drew the perfect card to mess up whatever he had on the table. He resigned in turn 11.

How am I so bad at Arena?

I've never gotten more than 1 win.

2 of the 3 losses this last time I had them down to <5 health and I had over 25 and they still won. They pulled just the right minion every time and would load their board up.

Pay more attention to your mana curve. I would guess you either have too many low mana guys (and spread the board only to get AoE'd) or not enough. Likely the latter if you're almost always losing near the end. Make sure you have a couple bigger bodies to put down (boulder fist ogre, sun walker, etc.) as well. It's hard to analyze without seeing your draws or matches but also assume that your opponent will always have the perfect card to counter you, worry a little bit less about combos clearing you (soul priest plus circle of healing for example), and remember that there is no two card limit per card.

Please link me to additional Hearthstone forum content. This is awesome.

What are you looking for? If you are relatively new to the game, I would check out http://www.liquidhearth.com/.

I would recommend watching streams of players. Those streams are linked in top right of the link.

If you don't have lots of cards, playing more aggro decks with cheap minions, is maybe best way to get started.

Back