• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I need to cool it on buying packs. Get too caught up in needing a certain card to match certain constructed decks I see online rather than just making decks work with what I have.

Was tied at 18 with a Mage last night and we both had around ten cards left. I think we both had down a couple of neutral minions who weren't going to change the game one way or the other and he played a Ysera and probably figured he was in good shape since he had already sheeped Ysera (one turn after sheeping earth elemental - I wasn't happy about him having both but oh whale).

Unfortunately for him, I then faceless manipulated his Ysera with the TWO manipulators I was holding and drew nightmare (+5/+5 to a minion and he dies at the beginning of your next turn) and the "deal five damage to all characters but Ysera" card plus I had lava burst (deal five damage). That was pretty much your ball game. He took me down to three on his turn and I played Al-Akir (3/5 charge, divine shield, windfury, taunt) with nightmare on top of him for 16 damage and then smashed him to the face with Ysera to win. In my mind he was pretty pissed. I thought it was an epic swing. In the words of the great Will Ferrell....that escalated quickly.

I had a great death-rattle combo yesterday.

Turn 4: Baron Rivendare (who survived through next two turns)
Turn 5: Stalagg (was killed immediately)
Turn 6: Feugen & Power Overwhelming

Results: Two 11/11's on the board at the end of turn 6. I Defender of Argus'ed (Handlock style) them the following turn for game/set/match.

This is a pretty dope matchup from HS European WC Qualifier:

Priest v. Warlock at 23:00 is cool if you just want to jump to that.

The first match wasn't great because they were using the same deck, but that second match @ 23 minutes - very cool.

Bought some more packs this morning and had a GREAT run. Pulled 2 legendaries and about 6 epics, two I already had 2 of and one of those was a gold copy, so 400 dust!

Playing through Naxxramas has given me some practice. Almost done with the 3rd wing.

Current Legendaries:
Alexstrasza (Pulled today)
Lorewalker Cho (Pulled today, considering dusting?)
The Black Knight
Deathwing
Loatheb
Maexxna

Also have 3200 dust saved, thoughts on who I should craft?

I've seen it once and it was fun as hell. We got to passing back and forth a thoughtspeak and ended up with pretty awesome cards. Escalated the game a lot but took forever.

Bought some more packs this morning and had a GREAT run. Pulled 2 legendaries and about 6 epics, two I already had 2 of and one of those was a gold copy, so 400 dust!

Playing through Naxxramas has given me some practice. Almost done with the 3rd wing.

Current Legendaries:
Alexstrasza (Pulled today)
Lorewalker Cho (Pulled today, considering dusting?)
The Black Knight
Deathwing
Loatheb
Maexxna

Also have 3200 dust saved, thoughts on who I should craft?

What decks have you been using? You can craft two legendaries with 3200 or 8 epics or a combination. If you don't have two faceless manipulators I would craft two of those. I would also craft Ysera - great card.

At first glance, Bloodmage Thalnos doesn't seem like that great of a card, but I think it can be used it a lot of decks and very useful. It will probably be next one I craft. That or Ysera or Jaraxxus or Ragnaros.

Rag is the first one I crafted, useful in many decks. Ysera would probably be the next.

I got 3 quests waiting for me at home. Hopefully finish them and open a couple packs tonight. I've got ~800 dust.

Rag is the first one I crafted, useful in many decks. Ysera would probably be the next.

Oh yeah....Ragnaros for sure. I told HTTD and Doofus this but I was playing a guy who got Ragnaros out, attached ancestral spirit, faceless manipulated him, and then destroyed him with reincarnate. That was your ballgame.

I got 3 quests waiting for me at home. Hopefully finish them and open a couple packs tonight. I've got ~800 dust.

I've got three quests waiting and am probably going to go on a little arena run. Haven't had a good run in a week or two. Pretty amped to stay in and play this tonight while unwinding after the week, drinking a couple beers, and getting to bed somewhat early before taking the MPRE tomorrow at 8:30.

What decks have you been using? You can craft two legendaries with 3200 or 8 epics or a combination. If you don't have two faceless manipulators I would craft two of those. I would also craft Ysera - great card.

I'm trying to finish off the Naxxramas wings, on the final boss. So Priest and Paladin.

I had two faceless manipulators and drew a gold one in one of those packs (the one I mentioned in the previous post, so dusted it for 400).

Was considering Ragnaros and Ysera as my two legendaries

Got drunk last night and bought $20 in packs. Got a bloodmage thalnos.

I just discovered I had a golden epic bane of doom that I already had two of, so I dusted for 400. At 1730 dust. Can you guys help me decide between ragnaros or 4 giants? If giants, how would you rank them? Mountain, molten, sea?

Back